You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.

You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.

There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.

Enjoy this collection!!!

Revolution 1 (Take 20) RM1

23 comments:

Morninggloryseed said...

The legendary, unreleased "Revolution 1 (Take 20)" has surfaced. Mark Lewisohn tells us in The Beatles Recording Sessions (pop ups below) that this take (#18, revised to #20 after overdubs) was the first track recorded for The White Album, begun on May 30, 1968. Takes 1-17 were shorter, more conventional versions of the song, but #18/20 (the take edited and used on the album) went on for over 10 minutes, dissolving into chaos and inspiring the infamous "Revolution 9" - which used some of this track's sounds, effects & voices (like Yoko Ono's familiar "you become naked"). Is it real? Knowledgeable die-hards think so... and it sounds great

Morninggloryseed said...

And screw it, I had to post it.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic track! Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this (and everything else). Be on alert though, EMI is taking this particular song down on every other site.

Anonymous said...

Which would suggest it IS real. Amazing song...thanks MGS

Anonymous said...

Ok honey, I alreadygot it but thank you anyway for the fine information and sources... you've got the balls man. If EMI is alert it must to be real (fuck 'em off anyway).
Now we are waiting for the 27 minutes "Helter Skelter", and "Carnival of Light", to die with a big smile.
Sonia

Anonymous said...

YAY!

and

YAY!²

:D

ps: Sonia, I've read interviews of recent gen w/Sir Paul, he def. wants to release Carnival, and he also made a TAPE copy of the 27:11 version of the July 18, 1968 Helter back in the day, acc'd to Lewisohn, so maybe that one will FINALLY emerge as well!

good time to be alive... :D :D

Anonymous said...

oh, and btw it seems definitely "real" to me, it matches Lewisohn's description exactly (the 'mama dada' chant, the 'manic guitar phrase' et al).

I wasn't sure I'd EVER hear this, given Apple's attitude towards this sort of material...and I really can't describe the exquisite joy in finally hearing it...quite a couple days for this Beatlefreak!

Anonymous said...

if you search the net for the beatles revolution bootleg there is an entire 19 track cd with this track as the center piece...happy hunting beatles peoples

Anonymous said...

The full CD torrent "Revolution Take...Your Knickers Off" is available on Demonoid. Many other great tracks on this one in their most complete and upgraded form yet! Worth a post MGS??

Anonymous said...

MGS, i like your blog. A question: on the I hope we passed the audition page, you made an own oopsed version of Sweet georgia brown. Which program do you use? It sounds awesome!
Greets.

Anonymous said...

WOW !!!!! FANTASTIC FIND!!! Any chance of posting the 2 cd set?
C'mon, C'mon Apple !! Open the vaults before tapes turn to dust and while the original fans are still here.
You have a fantastic site. Love the BBC set. Deluxe versions are GREAT too.
Is there a DR EBBETTS version of the British "20 Greatest Hits" floating around.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Just wanted to express some gratitude, MGS! Thanks so much for all your time and effort with this DEFINITIVE site. We all truly appreciate it, man. It'd be great to see these in the future:
HMC's new 2-CD "Lennon at home"
Ebbetts' "Pepper" and "With the Beatles" red wax monos.
Any Misterclaudel, like "Liverpool In-line master"; "Maple Leaf '66", etc.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

please post the new "long tall sally" canadian lp version 2 from ebbetts.

Morninggloryseed said...

I'll post "Revolution Take...Your Knickers Off" later this week.

I used "Cool Edit Pro" to remove the vocals from SGB.

And I'm working hard to get those other Ebbett's releases.

reayx5 said...

You ARE the man. With EMI pissing in their pants, this has to be the real deal. Keep up the good work.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know what you mean re:

"I used "Cool Edit Pro" to remove the vocals from SGB."

I'm sure I'm feel even dumber than usual when I get the answer, but what's SGB, and what vocals are we talking about here?

questions, questions...never a dull moment!

thanks again for all you do :)

Anonymous said...

thanks man for your postings i enjoyed this take 20
keep up the good work

Thanks Bosnix

Anonymous said...

I just figured out the SGB reference...guess I should read to posts before I post myself!

Can't wait for the whole Knickers set...and whatever else you've got up the sleeve ;)

Cheers,
Mr. Kite!

Anonymous said...

You are, well, pretty much amazing in what you do!! I just want to say thanks from the bottom of my heart! I just hope we (Beatlemanics) never start taking you for granted!! Thanks again, and I hope you're here forever!!!!!

3410 said...

@ MGS

Hi. Note that track one (ie Rev. T.20) of "Revolution... Take your knickers off" is at the wrong speed (very s-l-o-w).

If you're planning on posting that set you may want to pitch it up by 1.25 semitones, or else use the 10:47 version (I'm assuming that's the one you've posted), which has already been corrected.

Cheers for everything.

Anonymous said...

Hey MGS, about that Cool Edit Pro thing, which function do you use to get the stereo sound?

Morninggloryseed said...

>Hey MGS, about that
>Cool Edit Pro thing,
>which function do you
>use to get the stereo
>sound?

THe OOPsed "Sweet Georgia Brown" is reduced to mono. It removes "common information" (i.e. sounds appearing in both stereo channels, such as the vocals...which are usually mixed center) so we only hear the music and background vocals (which are mixed either left or right of center).

The resulting creation is in mono.