You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.

You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.

There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.

Enjoy this collection!!!

The Beatles (Millennium Reel Collection)

11 comments:

Beat6270 said...

Thanks for this , much appreciated. I understand this is the set from the American Reel to Reel which has a number of tracks edited to fit the running time of the tape reel and the edits are unique to this set.

Thanks again.

Al Rearick said...

My God, I have GOT to stop visiting this site! Because of this place, I've listenend to nothing but Beatles nonstop! And there's still more goodies to come! Just like this one! I'd never heard of this, but being the obsessive-compulsive type, I GOTTA HEAR IT!!!

Thanks for all the hard work. If this site had been around 20 years ago, I would've never graduated high school!

Long Island Steve said...

MGS,

Another fine post. Thank You for your continued hard work and research. Anymore information on PBTHAL that had the Sgt. P Red Wax Mono, it was pretty sweet.

LIS

Anonymous said...

Heh, I've gotta agree with Al.

...except for the part about not visiting the site ;)

and LIS, yeah the PBTHAL SPLHCB Red Wax is indeed sweet, a lot of punch overall. Cup keeps running over, hallelujah!

:)

Anonymous said...

I downloaded a version of this years ago but found it to be mp3 converted into lossless is the same one? can anybody check please to make sure this is not a mp3 rencoded?

Anonymous said...

Doing a frequency analysis of some of the files, I'd say it could be the same mp3s converted to flac. The analysis showed no frequencies above 19-20khz...

Morninggloryseed said...

Hmmm disappointing to hear.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous: What software tool did you use to analyze the FLACs to make this conclusion? (I may want to try this some other stuff of mine.)

Anonymous said...

I use traders little helper http://tlh.easytree.org/

its good and free!

Anonymous said...

Magic Alex,

I'm no audio expert, but that's what I did:
I first converted the flac file to wav and then opened it in an audio editing program (an old cool edit). You can do that also in Audacity with Analyze > Plot Spectrum. Although Audacity cannot analyze a selection longer than 23.8s, I think that should be enough to see if top frequencies are cut-off. That would be typical for mp3s => somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for this! :)

However, I have to say that cutting the middle verse out of Yer Blues (undoubtedly b/c of reel tape time restrictions) was hurtful to say the least. But that's why this is a find, a Beatlefreak (particularly a WA one) must have all manifestations of this timeless lp. Many, Many Thanks, MGS.

afterthought: granted, if you have to cut something, it's a hard choice to make. But Yer Blues?? :O

thanks again for all you do
Mr. Kite!