You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.

You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.

There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.

Enjoy this collection!!!

The Beatles (German Stereo LP, DMM White Vinyl)

30 comments:

Long Island Steve said...

Thanks Again!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, you're the Best !

Anonymous said...

in a word, YAY!

thanks for granting the request, you've made a particularly tough day ever so much better. No lie there, can't wait to burn & listen!

thanks again
Mr. Kite!

wm said...

Fantastic!

Long Island Steve said...

I just listened to this. IT IS INCREDIBLE! If you only check out one thing from this site check out this. The mix is ....wow...and crystal clear like I've never heard. Thanks again MGS!

Anonymous said...

hi mate.. welcome back.. many thanks for this excellent online resource !!!

ok.. I listened to this on studio monitor quality headphones plugged into my PC lineout..

What a lovely solid warm sounding release; wonderfull stero imaging..

but..

there are odd channel bleeds and crunchy distortions
all over the place..

so is this an actual perfect reproduction of analog imperfections in the origional mastertape,
or other factors
[all and sundry and anything from the vinyl/digital transfer to any remotely possible limitations of my playback equipment ???]??????

thanks though, still a thoughorly enjoyable listening experience
despite any flaws..

Anonymous said...

oops.. forgot to mention the headphones were plugged into a reasonable quality yamaha mixer amp, which was connected to the PC line out

Anonymous said...

Wow...i've now listened twice all the way through, and...wow.

Especially re the drum sound...check out the coda on Yer Blues, for example...Ringo (or is it Bonham?) pounds the hell out of the skins and it is a beauty to behold.

And overall the sound is superb, deep & warm, esp. in the lower frequencies (ie bass 'n drums).

I DID notice some oddities, and wonder if anyone else has as well. Specifically, on Yer Blues, there's a volume 'dip' right before the lyric "in the morning...wanna die" early in the song. May just be the way the master is, but I've never noticed that before.

Also, it seems the slight gap that was between Savoy Truffle & Cry Baby Cry has been eliminated, in that CBC starts IMMEDIATELY after Truffle. Anyone else notice that? Maybe it's my burn or some such.

In any event, thank you so much for this treasure, MGS. On to the ProLine Abbey Road now :D

Cheers,
Mr. Kite!

Anonymous said...

the 1st bar or so of "Dear Prudence" is the first really noticable flaw to catch my attention..

the stereo imaging breaks down and goes a bit 'wobbly' and unfocused..

and no.. I dont think its an intentional guitar FX..

maybe its the same on all releases of this LP..

dunno my early 80's pressing has been in my mums attic for 1/4 of a century
and I've never really listened so closely to any other recent 'fan share' versions ???

Morninggloryseed said...

The blip on Dear Prudence is known...this is from the doc himself...

""I’ve been getting some e-mails regarding an anomaly that exists on the White Vinyl German DMM LP.At the very beginning of “Dear Prudence,” in the left channel – during the song’s intro - are some audio anomalies that sound either like slight warbles or electronic blips that occur every second or two. They aren’t very conspicuous, but they are there.

Please be advised that these anomalies are PRESENT in all pressings of this LP. This is NOT an Ebbetts error. All pressings of the GERMAN WHITE VINYL DMM LP have this anomaly. It easily could have been “fixed” or made less obvious, but that’s not what I do.

I transcribe the LPs as issued."

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your continued efforts. Your site is a godsend!

Anonymous said...

yeah, I noticed the Prudence blips too...but I'm wondering about the other things I mentioned above, esp. the Truffle/Cry Baby Cry "join".

That one seems likely that the error could be on my end, so I'm gonna try to burn again (and what the heck, I'll stoke some friends with the first copy, which on the whole is AMAZING).

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

just an update, if anyone else is noticing the Truffle/CBC issue...

I've re-burned, and there is no doubt, Savoy Truffle is nearly (and may be) cut off by the beginning of Cry Baby Cry, the join is that close. No WA I've ever heard has it like that, and it def. dosen't sound right. There is literally no microsecond of 'break' b/w Truffle & CBC...

I'm thinking it must be my d/l, but if anyone else notices the above, i'd sincerely appreciate a post. Just so I know I'm not crazy (fat chance) and/or it's just the way the d/l is.

btw, none of this means a dime of difference, the fact is this is the sweetest sounding WA i've heard to date. The little oddities notwithstanding. Thanks to all involved.

Cheers,
Mr. Kite!

Morninggloryseed said...

I will redownload it...maybe the original download was corrupted?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, MGS!! I really appreciate the help, this one is "Holy Grail" land for me...

If you would, please post a note here when you have re-upoloaded, so I know when to re-download the files again.

Thanks again, and thank you for keeping the magic alive.

Mr. Kite!

Anonymous said...

hi MGS..
dunno if you really need go to the extra hassle of redownload.
The Rar tests 100% good in winrar.
Maybe you have acces to the origional unpacked files and can verify them with an MD5 test.
My guess is any minor flaws are inherrent
in the origional vinyl source
used for digital transfer.
It was always pot luck if the brand new mint LP you just purchased
was from a good batch pressed with a factory fresh unworn stamper and top grade virgin plastic, or not.

Anonymous said...

I would agree with the post directly above re the other anomalies mentioned above, however the Truffle/Cry Baby Cry issue seems like a different type of error, one that could not result from the vinyl sourcing in my estimation.

If you could redownload, MGS, I would really appreciate it, and will have my fingers crossed that that will fix the issue. Again, I wouldn't be so picky except this is the sweetest sounding WA I've yet heard, and man I would love it to be "perfect", or at least corrected re the Truffle/CBC jam. It really sticks out.

If anyone else has noted this, please chime in. And thanks to MGS for trying a redownload just to be sure, I really really appreciate the extra work.

Cheers,
Mr. Kite!

Anonymous said...

hi Mr. Kite!..
yeah I do agree, definitely a superb sonic experience.
I'm just getting back into listening to the Beatles..
after another long lay off
due to over familiarity and fan worship fatigue.
sort of goes in 10 year cycles..
Anyway, point I wanna raise for consideration..
I'm aware torrents tend to split downloads into individual tracks
for convenience.
But with LPs like this & Abbey Road where some tracks crossfade into each other,
or are continuous without any gaps or silence betwen them.
It sure would be preferable if they were origionally upped as one large
flac/ape/wav of the CD image with a cue sheet to preserve origional
CD structure and integrity..
but thats just my 2 cents..

Morninggloryseed said...

^^^^^

You can find them that way....and thats a valid point with regards to Sgt Pepper, White album where the space between songs varies or is absent. I still prefer individual flac files because I end up splitting it up anyway for MP3, etc. But something to consider.

Kwork said...

I just tried flac files from both the posts in UseNet, and a torrent. I don't know if they are the same flac files or not, but they do have that abrupt switch between Savoy and Cry. Redownloading them won't make a difference. The only verification I see happening is if someone can check it against an original Ebbetts disc. Maybe the DMM is just that way? I've never known Ebbetts to goof that up before.

Anonymous said...

A big letdown from ebbetts.Poor transfer. Compressed and manipulated. Not worth it even for free!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kwork. Good to know I'm not the only one who noticed!

And the DMM sounds superb over-all, as I mentioned before. I've pumped it through a Macintosh amp system into classic Bose 901's, and it's heaven on a bun, for goodness sakes. Horses for courses.

Cheers,
Mr. Kite!

Anonymous said...

In response to Mr Kite's query, I just read a reference to the the gap between Savoy Truffle and Cry Baby Cry on the white vinyl DMM:

Someone says ..." but I remember that Savoy Truffle goes right into Cry Baby Cry with -no pause at all-. There's a couple others that are diff from the standard lp set but I can't remember..."

You can see the thread here:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/archive/index.php/t-9805.html

PS Props to MGS for maintaining such a great site!

Anonymous said...

So it would appear the ST into CBC is just a bad edit common with all pressings of the DMM white vinyl version - thank you for clearing that one up.
I haven't downloaded this yet because I already have this album 4 times and a fifth will just add fuel to the "Geek" & "Nerd" comments I'm already recieving from the wife....but thanks anyway!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Innocent Bystander. Yes, it does appear that the ST/CBC "join" is just the way it is on the original DMM pressing. Here's another post from the blog you referenced:

- - -

My white vinyl dmm white album has the "Cry Baby Cry" problem as mentioned above, but I do not remember any other weird sonics on the lp; Just limitless, clear, solid bass down to infinity. . . .

- - -

Thanks so much for confirming this, it was driving me crazy. And thanks to MGS of course!

Cheers,
Mr. Kite!

Anonymous said...

I have the Mirror Spock edition of de German DMM. Are there differences with the Ebbetts version?

Kwork said...

The Ebbetts sounds much better to my ears than the Mirror Spock. After listening to the Ebbetts, I actually deleted the other one from my drive as it sounds more compressed compared to the Ebbetts. I never thought that I'd like a transfer better than the Mirror Spock. Ebbetts showed me I was wrong, very, very wrong!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Downloading the Ebbetts DMM now!
Greetings, Mark
P.S. Wonderful site you got here

madman said...

This version is amazing! Very clear and powerful.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot!!

great sound quality and mix.

so many details that i've never heard before...

btw. great blog!

thanks again