You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.

You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.

There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.

Enjoy this collection!!!

Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Japanese Red Wax Mono)

Link To Information (None)
Link To Download

8 comments:

Morninggloryseed said...

This is a new guy on the scene and everybody is crazy about his stuff...some feel it beats the good Doc! I don't know myself, it does sound really good, but I haven't A/Bed 'em yet. But I look forward to hearing what you folks think.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Never heard of this guy?! Will we be seeing the proper Dr Eb's red wax Pepper here, and the others to complete that collection?

Thanx for everything! ;-)

Anonymous said...

wow...cutting edge material! You keep excelling yourself, mgs. I was just thinking of a Pepper excursion, this will do quite nicely! I'll let you know what I think for what it's worth. Many many thanks.

Cheers,
Mr. Kite!

Long Island Steve said...

Amazing, just when I thought I was almost done with the collection. I'll give this guy a spin and see (hear) whats up. Thanks MGS for having the best Beatles site (maybe the best site period) on the net.

LIS

Anonymous said...

I had a listen to this late last night and must admit I was dssapointed the sound seemd a bit flat to me compared with the good Doctors UK Mono edition.

What do other think?

Long Island Steve said...

I thought it sounded pretty good, I'll have to a/b it sometime with the good Doc but I thought it was pretty sweet.

LIS

Anonymous said...

well, final verdict for me is an embarrasment of riches...but the Good Doctor wins by a hair. On my rig, it sounds a slight bit warmer, while retaining the punch of the PB version as well. A bit more 'vinyley', sts...

Anyway, glad to have 'em both, and I would encourage other PBTHAL's if available. Also Mirror Spock, I haven't been able to find any of those, come to think. Anyway, it's ALL good, 'cause its the freakin' BEATLES.

Ok, just finishing up the covers for the remaining Red Wax recent posts, and then onto a wonderful chronological journey through the greatest canon of rock music ever created. And in glorious mono!

...I love stereo too, and even quad (haven't gotten to the 5.1 thingy yet), but there is definitely something about mono that is rock 'n roll to its core.

Ok, late & blathering, thanks to MGS and all for this treasure of a site :)

Anonymous said...

Whats mean PBTHAL?