You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.
You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.
There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.
Enjoy this collection!!!

6 comments:
This SHOULD be on it...hope it will help to identify.
Side One:
1.
I Want to Hold Your Hand
mix: same as the UK single
2.
I Saw Her Standing There
mix: same as UK mono mix
3.
You Really Got a Hold on Me
mix: same as UK mono mix
4.
Devil in Her Heart
mix: same as UK mono mix
5.
Roll Over Beethoven
mix:
6.
Misery
mix: same as UK mono mix
Side Two:
1.
Long Tall Sally
mix: same as the US mono mix
2.
I Call Your Name
mix: same as the US mono mix
3.
Please Mr. Postman
mix: mixed down from stereo
4.
This Boy
mix: same as UK single
5.
I'll Get You
mix: same as UK single
6.
You Can't Do That
mix: same as UK single
Copyright: 1994-2007 Frank Daniels
I listened, and Long T.S. shouldn't have echo, but it has here...And I call your name sounds to me as the UK mono, listening to the edits...
Look at this page, (http://www.friktech.com/btls/variants.htm)
somewhere in the middle...about the Long Tall Sally lp.
Hmmm. Mystery deepens. I think this is the stereo..based on the fact that this describes what I hear...It was actually advertised as the stereo...but based on what I heard, and the artwork...I listed it here as mono. It now appears that the stereo record came out in mono sleeves (according to your link) and that some of the tracks are indeed mono and/or narrowed.
"The LP had been issued in mono only in 1964 but was reissued into stereo in the 1970's. There are at least two stereo versions of this LP, each of which still have the MONO information on the cover. My stereo copy on the purple is as described above, but "You Can't Do That" is in mono, despite the label reading otherwise. Others have reported hearing "narrow stereo" for some of the songs and the "low bass" version of "You Can't Do That." There also seems to be disagreement over which songs are in stereo. As indicated earlier, my copy is as described above. My copy has ST-6063-A on side one, with some additional information (signatures). Side two has "ST-6063-B" in the matrix and a wide trail-off area. Both sides have the Capitol logo stamped into the matrix. After Long Tall Sally, mixes on the Canadian albums correspond to the American."
Ps...there is no extra echo that I could detect. The dead give-a-way is "Roll Over Beethoven." The echo is so extensive that even a hearing impaired person in a cave could detect it.
I'm going to change the label to 'stereo' but will leave the caveat.
I think the link information for this one should be
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=st6063de§ion=1
beacause brings all mono except mister postman (narrow) and can't do that (true stereo
Yup, forgot to change it. And the doc seems to explain what I hear.
Post a Comment