You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.
You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.
There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.
Enjoy this collection!!!

13 comments:
From the Doc's announcement (on BZ):
As far as Ebbetts is concerned, this second venture into solo-Beatles land was ABSOLUTELY necessary. This is, undoubtedly, a sensational LP that was given absolutely HORRIBLE treatment in its 2001 remastered release. The noise reduction used on the official store bought CD is downright criminal. On several tracks, the cymbals and hi-hats have that most annoying swooshing sound inherent in poorly applied noise reduction. Why do people fear tape hiss so much? Why do these so-called experts wish to eliminate it? The result, on songs like “I Dig Love” is a suffocating, unnatural shame of a crime. Additionally, the so-called EQ applied to the commercial release is very harsh in places. This HAD to be tackled by Ebbetts. This version, complete on two CDs, is taken straight from pristine copies of the original LP.
hi link is not working - thanks...
Works perfectly for me...
Great collection! Thanks for making it available.
FYI-This link gives the following error:
Not Found
The requested URL /Beatles/Other Releases/All Things Must Pass (Disc 1 was not found on this server
Once again...Thanks!
yeah works for me too.
The requested URL /Beatles/Other Releases/All Things Must Pass (Disc 1 was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Must be on your end. :( Tried from two different IPs and it works for me.
hi.
doesn't work with safari.
works with firefox. cheers
I must say that this was not what I thought it would be. Of course, the good doc just fixes what he can...ie he isn't working from the master tape.
I guess I just really don't like the way the original ATMP was produced...nothing the doc can do will fix that.
For all of the sonic issues the remastered one from 2001 has (ie digital artifacts from noise reduction) that is the one I prefer because it is so clear and clean. I can hear each instrument clearly.
To me, the new ATMP is the best issue..but it is nice to have this one...definitely an improvement over the cloudy CD.
I am not shure if I agree. I find the 2001 version very 'harsh' 'cold' and 'sharp'. The good Doc E's version is maybe not perfect but very warm and real.
Well you are like me...we both enjoy the warm sound of vinyl. You just aren't going to get that sound when mastering from tape to 24bit digital.
Really, digital reproduces on the output exactly what goes into it...there is no coloration. So that 'sharp' sound is really what the master tape sounds like...free from the coloring that vinyl gives.
What would be ideal I guess is to always buy a vinyl copy of new mixes (and I have ATMP 2001 on vinyl but I'm never going to open it) and make a copy of that...so we get a clear 24b master of the tape, and also the warm vinyl sound we love.
I'm not shure if a pressing on vinyl is (all of) the answer for a better sound. A part of the problem with the 2001 version could be the EQ settings. In the 70's a master was made from 8-track onto 2-track with all kind of settings which could be very hard to reproduce 30 years later with completely different technology. Those people like Geoff Emerick and Lenny Kravitz who saved all kinds of old stuff like mixing- desks, 4-tracks etc. from the scrapyard, have gold in their hands now.
Hi,
"I remember jeep" is missing from disc 2... why hasn't anyone noticed?
Cheers.
Post a Comment