You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.

You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.

There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.

Enjoy this collection!!!

Get Back - Book by Ethan Russell

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In glorious PDF, the complete 'Get Back' book by Ethan A. Russell. Download Acrobat Reader if you can't open this essential document of the disastrous 'Get Back' sessions.

Morninggloryseed said...

I wouldn't say they were disastrous. :) The Let It Be, Let It Be Naked, and Get Back albums are fantastic records. Any band would be proud to have either in their catalogue.

Really, only the Twickenham sessions were unhappy in nature. And of course the Let It Be movie suffers from both it's own legend...and bad editiing.

As far as the music...as I said the finished (yes ironic comment I know) records are great. I've not yet sifted through EVERY a-b session...but many of the ones I have sound amazing.

I hears songs (or jams) where I never would have believed it was the Beatles...not the bad way...I mean that they blew my mind by sounding so different than the standard records and outtakes of those records I was used to. They tried out many different sounds during the sessions and we are lucky to have the collections available to us.

Great post! So neat to see what I am missing from my Let it Be collection (never got the boxed set).

Now why don't the Japanese companies release a modern-day boxed equivalent of the old Let It Be box set?

Anonymous said...

In terms of Beatles music, great quality and magnificent songs, you'll have to admit that the Get Back sessions at Twickenham were a complete mess. The former Beatles themselves don't want to be reminded. Recently, while preparing the Let It Be movie for DVD, the mastering was halted because so many bad memories came back. I've seen an 1 hour b/w videocopy with outtakes from the film and that's really horrible to watch. But your right on the music part. The Beatles saved themselves in those last weeks at Apple. 'Naked' is a fine record! Only strange thing is that they included the wrong version of The Long And Winding Road. It's not the (better) one that Spector used (with overdubs) as the final master. That one is on Anthology 3.

Anonymous said...

Very good downloading G. B. Books, ever I want you now i have
Biggest thanks Mr! www.dopropriobolso.com.br
from Brasilia/Brazil