You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.
You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.
There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.
Enjoy this collection!!!
17 comments:
This album blew me away. I was expecting something very different from what Pete produced here. The album is very Beatle-esk, sounding like it comes from their Revolver period.
THis is a great album and Pete is certainly a valid musical force.
I have to agree. An incredible album. Thank you for this.
Why don't you stick to boots, or stuff that is otherwise unavailable? Posting current official releases like this is a good way to get the site taken down. You do a great job with the boots, why change now? Besides, this is a great album, and Pete and the band deserve to make a bit of money off it, not have it downloaded for nothing. I bought it at one of his shows, got it autographed, and he and the band are a great bunch of guys and deserve a bit of respect, please. At least if you download it, please buy it, it's easy to get (try Amazon).
I agree with the previous poster. This is such a great site - you do a lot of AMAZING work - but surely it's fair to expect people to pay for Pete's album?
Hey yeah it brings up questions. Putting this up is a little different than bootlegs, but don't forget, all the needledrops aren't really bootlegs, either, but more in-between. Even the needledrops which are technically "pirates" not "bootlegs" aren't easily available on CD in that quality. pete's abbum is obtainable officially on CD just the way it is up here, right? That's not so good.
Come on, giving an info link to the Amazon page that's selling it?
If you try it - buy it!
Call this a preview for those that intend to purchase this CD.
The previews on Amazon sound like it's a cool record for a Beatles fan. I'm broke so I won't be getting it now. i feel bad for pete so I won't be downloading this either.
Yes, please, for the sake of this great site, maybe try to stay away from straight up officially released product like this. I too had the chance to meet Pete and buy the CD personally from him. A worthwhile investment.
It works both ways. I would never have parted with my hard earned cash for this but now I've heard it, I've completely changed my mind. I've just ordered it from Amazon as a result.
I am puzzled by all you complainers! I guess you would whine if the album wasn't posted huh! It belongs here OK! The true Pete Best fan will buy the CD anyway! I'm glad I had the chance to have a listen before buying, so thanks MGS, and please keep up the excellent job your doing!!
Its always a mixed bag, isn't it? I did not know about this and after downloading it and listening to it (its not in lossless here anyway), I just Amazoned me a physical copy.
Since the death of radio (due to greed of record companies, basically) our options are to buy based only on teeney low-fi snipets, borrow/get a burn from a friend, or buy unheard. I have a huge stack of things bought, but was disappointed with and now trading in at a used store for $8-10 less each than I paid for them.
In the old days I taped off friends, radio, and then scrimped and saved to buy what I liked for real. Now dl's serve the role radio played.
This posting will get Mr. Best at least two purchases from me.. The one I just did on amazon AND a show ticket if he comes anywhere near here. I'm also looking at his back catalog now too. I passed going to a free in-store appearance of his a couple years ago assuming he wasn't any big deal, but now I kick myself. And I posted on a power-pop music list last night about it being the best Beatle solo project since the Wiburys. Two responses already; a "me too" and a "just listened to a sample on line and ordered."
Anyway, yes by all means support Mr. Best, I'm all for it. And perhaps be way careful about posting readily available commercial stuff. I'd hate to see this site become a target.
If anyone at EMI somehow thinks that because I have obtained a dozen free needle drops of Rubber Soul on top of my 8 commercially purchased copies I would not buy the expanded remaster they plan to release next year or two, they must have done way too many hallucinogens in the 60's.
I did not realize this was an mp3 posting because I did not download it since I own it. There is something to be said for previewing an mp3 copy and then turning around and purchasing the actual CD. My only concern was for the longevity of the site. If it came off as complaining or ungrateful, my apologies.
Take it easy guys, if you don't want to download it, just DON'T DO IT, nothing happens,
Since downloading this the official release is now on order. This is astonishing in fact nothing short of brilliant and the finest album release of the year so far without a doubt.
There are shades of The Beatles Rubber Soul & Revolver in this and in places ELO.
Buy it now, you won't be disappointed.
I'd have to agree with Anonymous above on this issue...
:D
Ok it's lossy - that's not as bad, then!
I'm all for eMPty3 files being free previews. I am astonished that some people pay for them! They should be free as previews of ACTUAL cd's to buy.
Forgive me a little for my earlier statements. As I said, I wasn't gonna download this, so I didn't have any way of knowing it was only an eMPty3 of the album.
I'm glad some others are as impressed as I am and are actually slapping down some cash on this.
Yeah, a 30 second sample doesn't do it justice. I think I will grab these previews to give it a bigger spin for a spell.
Pete was (is?) a better drummer (technically) than Ringo. Not dissing Starkey here, but its true. Ringo was a better actor...
Thanks - just don't scare me like that again! Maybe a little statement of the file format in the post when its lossy would be cool as a heads up to prevent us hotheads from jumping on you about legalities and other such nonsense! haha
Rock on, gang!
Likewise, I did not realize it was mp3 when I posted earlier, as there was no indication on the posting, unlike your post of Paul's Fireman which clearly states mp3 preview. Still, people ought to buy this - it's a great album (infinitely better than any of Pauls' recent efforts)and the band deserve congrats and some cash :)
Anyone who's ever had the chance to hear (much less own) Pete's 1967 Capitol Promo single P 2092 "Carousel Of Love"/"Want You" has been waiting a long, long, long time for an album like this from Pete. And what a welcome this album is. Excuse Sir Paul for not carrying himself well by finally facing the reality that he's gonna die as the rest of us will, and is stuck in composing depressing self-reflections. Pete has accomplished very competently what Ringo and his Roundheads have been doing for the past few years. And that is keeping the musical spirit of the Beatles moving.
Yeah folks, just MP3s. Not a substitute for buying the disc!!! We will never posts FLACs of official discs. We are about spreading the music at A Collection Of Beatles Oldies, not stealing it.
Glad everyone enjoys it as much as I do. It is a truly wonderful album.
Post a Comment