You have found a page containing the most definitive compilations available of the Beatles' music. Included are many of the fine Dr. Ebbetts needle-drops, and the Purple Chick series, nearly in it’s entirety. Also, some great bootlegs are here that fill in any blank spots left.
You will download .zip and .rar files that contain .flac files. You can play the .flac files with VLC Media player, or you can use Winamp…which will also allow you to change them into .wav or .mp3 files. Then you can burn them to a disk or send them to your ipod.
There is a Website chronicling the Purple Chick series. Use it as a guide for what is available. I have not been able to find a website regarding the Dr. Ebbetts collection. However, This Guide shows what is available from the good Doctor. And This Link is to a PDF of even more information.
Enjoy this collection!!!
286 comments:
1 – 200 of 286 Newer› Newest»How can we keep up to date as to your whereabouts. This site is essential....Keep it live
Dear MGS,
As one of the donors don't feel bad at all, I was just saying THANK YOU for what you have already done and wanted to keep this site alive for others as well. Keep this url address if you can just for information and collecting emails etc so you can start a safer blog. (Safe from those attacking you now that is) Let us know what we can do and where we can find you. ....
Whatever happens THANKS for what you have already done and the happiness and kicks you have given us all...and if you choose to just say the heck with it all, I understand and wish you all the best.
Let It Be
LIS
I just don't know what to say, but I want to say something... I'm gonna miss you a lot, and this site. Please keep in touch, and let us know what about the apple greed...
I love you for all that you gave us.
Please don't let it be the end...
Yours
Sonia
Best of the Best to you and this project. Can't thank you enough.
Please keep us posted...
I agree with others - thank you for this site and please, if at all possible, use this site to keep us updated on when/where we can find you and these amazing oldies but goodies in the future.
what a great site, hope we can find you again all the links are now dead best of luck
screw the illuminatti
Hmm ...
This site HAS been excellent.
But as soon as MGS started asking for money, I thought: Oh-oh! This site will soon be gone.
And so it came to pass.
This was arguably the greatest blog on the entire Internet. Please don't let it die. Let us know where you relocate to.
In the meantime, even if the download links are down, please keep this site intact so your fans can review the great music you shared with us.
It may be that you find posting the music on Rapidshare or Megaupload, etc, may be safer and a web hoster won't be able to detect any large amounts of downloading files since these files are found on another server.
Don't let this bad news get you down. Please come back soon.
Thanks for everything,
Al
>But as soon as MGS started
>asking for money, I thought
>: Oh-oh! This site will
>soon be gone.
>And so it came to pass.
It was a tough choice, but with all of the time I spent on this site, it seemed logical to ask for donations to cover the cost of the server space.
I'll admit that I'm just taking your comment very personally, as though you are insinuating my decision to ask for donations somehow led to this happening.
In truth, I am at a loss because the host of the server space has several other websites with 'copywrited material' on them, so I don't know what makes my section suspect (I split the server with three other folks)...I guess just all of the traffic.
But I don't think me asking for donations is what did it. Just sheer traffic and publicity.
I do take that comment with some resentment, but perhaps I am just taking it the wrong way.
Even though I have been busy and have not been updating things much, this site was my baby, creation...it was just to fill the place of another great (long gone) site and then became one of its own.
ANd it will be back in some form or another.
I can always be reached at morninggloryseed@hotmail.com or on AIM's IM or Yahoo's IM (name is 'morninggloryseed' at both).
All the best
MGS
MGS,
Please DO NOT take one person's comments to heart. We who donated did it because we were thankful that you had done what you did and we were glad to do it and do not resent it (if I may speak for the others. Thank You and as someone else said, this was the greatest blog on the net, if even for a little while, all other music blogs will have to be measured against this one in the future.
LIS
MGS
Again, thanks so much for your efforts to make what for me has been the most rewarding site I've ever found. A small sonic miracle!
I remain hopeful for the future!
Regarding donations, I have no regrets. I was and remain more than happy to support this beautiful creation.
Best regards,
William
MGS
Again, thanks so much for your efforts to make what for me has been the most rewarding site I've ever found. A small sonic miracle!
I remain hopeful for the future!
Regarding donations, I have no regrets. I was and remain more than happy to support this beautiful creation.
Best regards,
William
Oh dear. What else can I say but thanks - a million times. I was pretty new here, only a few months, but Mr. Kite and Sonia are already familiar folks, and I hope to see you again in another forum when this most wonderful of all Fab projects continues. Please don't take this too hard, Mr. Kite. You seem like a kind soul and I know this will bring a tear.
MGS - your generosity has been overwhelming. The love showed.
I posted a few comments under variations of "it's not too bad," but I forgot my password again, so this one goes under Anonymous.
Again MGS - Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
Hope to see you soon.
it's not too bad
(it's really not, honest)
OK, figured out the password.
I just want to say, it really really is not too bad. The same thing happened to the best Grateful Dead sites on the Net. It's simply a risk doing this kind of thing. In any case, I have been dreaming about the collection that I now have for a long time. I've been a fan since 1964. I'll always remember watching the Ed Sullivan show. I was pretty short then, but I remember. Anyone who found this place and got busy should be very happy. I'm simply delighted. It's time to put something on the stereo to celebrate.
Take care folks.
MGS, I've beaten the "thanks" thing into the ground. The universe will reward you.
it's not too bad
Good luck in finding a new server. I like the Rapidshare idea; I know that's what the folks over at the "All for the CTI" blog use.
In any event, I agree with others who wish for this blog to stay open, if for no other reason than just because it is a fantastic resource for all things Beatle!
Hey MGS
Just a word to thank you for your fab blog (perhaps good things never last but take that as a compliment).
You'll be highly missed by us Beatles fans...
And we really hope to see your site online again!
Take care!
Ken
Well, I've typed and re-typed this comment, and I keep deleting and trying again...hard to find the words...
So...I'll just have to reiterate what LIS and Sonia and wm and "Anonymous" have all said about the magic that was this site. I'd run out of adjectives before I even came close to describing how wonderful the last year has been, but the good folks I've mentioned above (and many others I'm sure) have done a better job of it than I could.
Suffice it to say there's a LOT of love here, and you know that love ALWAYS wins out in the end. This temporary pain will pass, there's more Beatlegems to emerge; just think, Revolution Take 20 just showed up, and I NEVER thought I'd be lucky enough to hear THAT :D
But I digress, and am close to doing yet ANOTHER draft of this note. I guess I'll wrap up (and will ignore the silliness about the contributions that folks here have willingly and lovingly made; there is no monetary value one can put on the magic we've shared here, and that's all I want to say about THAT) by once again saying THANK YOU to MGS. It's been a GREAT ride so far, and I just have a sneaking suspicion we might all find ourselves back on the same page, sts, lifting a drink to the re-emergence of MorningGlorySeed!
Ok, I'll leave it at that but be warned; I may get drunk tonight and start leaving babbly posts here about how much I love all Beatlepeoples everywhere, and how much we ALL still owe MGS for providing us the magic that will last a lifetime.
Ok, am I done? Yes I am. But WE are not, that much I'm sure. Some things are meant to last forever...in fact, I think I'll give the UK Mono Pepper a spin in honor therof :)
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Here, here, Mr Kite!
All You Need Is Love!
LIS
Can I repectfully point out:
Notwithstanding all that many people have written, it remains true that MGS does have quite a bit of money from you. It remains to be seen whether you will get what you paid for.
I am always amazed that folk will give money to people they don't know, or to organizations whose bona fides they have not investigated.
Pi,
Don't take this the wrong way, but you a buffoon and an idiot for the comment you just made.
The contributors who donated funds to MGS for the chance to extend this website are generous souls. They knew that there are no guarantees on the Internet, but they loved this site so much they were willing to fund its continued operation. Also, the donators also gave as a thank you for all of MGS's tireless efforts and generosity of time and work.
MGS,
I sincerely hope you come back in some form or fashion. You had the greatest collection of music from the greatest band in the best quality format (FLAC). This blog was a treasure and I will miss it terribly. You brightened my days immeasurably whenever I found you had posted a new item (many I had never heard of beforehand). Sadly, I feel like crying since there was alot of music I never got the chance to download although I wanted to. (I have a bad Internet Service Provider that greatly limits my download amounts.)
Please keep in touch whenever you return. I will wait for you. Best wishes and take care.
Al
Pi, what is your motivation to stir up trouble? I think you believe I am sitting on some small fortune, but the amount needed was modest and the amount taken in covered those needs. I'd say the best thing to do is this...contact me if you made a donation and are unhappy. Otherwise, post somewhere else!
Well said MGS! Some people just like to stir up trouble.
This bog was the best on the web. I just hope you can get it up and running again soon.
But if you can't thanks for bringing so much pleasure.
Quote from Al:
Don't take this the wrong way, but you a buffoon and an idiot for the comment you just made.
Unquote
The silliest sentence I've ever read.
Quote from Al:
The contributors who donated funds to MGS for the chance to extend this website are generous souls. They knew that there are no guarantees on the Internet, but they loved this site so much they were willing to fund its continued operation.
Unquote
I agree they are generous souls, but that's not the issue. I maintain that maybe they were foolish!
A last point: note that they all failed in that purpose of funding "its continued operation".
Just remember Al - a short while after MSG asked for money, he tells us that the site can't continue. And he's very sorry about the money - he feels "terrible". A little suspicious, no?
Quote from MSG:
Pi, what is your motivation to stir up trouble? I think you believe I am sitting on some small fortune, but the amount needed was modest and the amount taken in covered those needs. I'd say the best thing to do is this...contact me if you made a donation and are unhappy. Otherwise, post somewhere else!
Unquote
The amount may be small, But (1) you have the money, and (2) it's not doing what the donors gave it to you for! I'd ALSO like to ask you what you intended to do (from the start) with the money surplus to your requirements for maintaining this site. Asking for donations smelled to high heaven, from the day you brought it up!
No, I didn't make a donation: I hope you've worked out that I'm too savvy for that! And I'll post where I please.
well...always a fly in the ointment. Do we have an "ignore" feature re the comments? I have a nomination in mind...you'll have to guess, but the initials are Pi...
Also, I find it interesting that someone who displays absolutely NO sense of community regarding this site still feels a need to comment on issues in which they have "no skin in the game", sts...ie, didn't donate a PENNY him or herself. Why bother? Hmmmm?
And please spare me if the answer is that's its out of some concern re the finances of those of us who DID contribute, freely and happily. Those of us who did contribute/donate did so for all sorts of reasons (not merely continuity, which cannot be guaranteed in any event, by anybody at anytime). Seesh.
And kudos to Al for a great comment, with which I would like to associate myself with. And let that be the end of it...after all, there is a reason the "scroll wheel" was invented ;)
Be well, and all the best, MGS. You have my eternal gratitude.
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Oh, and thanks to It's Not Too Bad for the kind words and thoughts above, I meant to include a 'thank you' in my earlier posts, and instead just referred to "Anonymous". My whoops!
To quote JL in MMT, "whoops jolly jolly whoops jolly jolly"
ps: and btw, when the heck is Apple gonna release MMT properly? (see, I can be a sourpuss too at times ;) )
You're quite welcome, Mr. Kite. I have a notion to put on "Being For The Benefit..." in your honor. As a matter of fact, I still have time to go out and procure
Well then, not to make idle threats, I actually did just step out and get a 4 pack of those tall cans of Guinness with the little plastic ball knocking around inside. I have poured the perfect pint, and the aforementioned song is on the BIG STEREO. So, here's to you Mr. Kite! Ahhh, that's better.
Now we're into "We were talking about the space between us all..." Our misguided conspiracy theorist is in that space. This place brought Beatle people together. To the theorist: I just don't think there was an ulterior motive here. It just doesn't make sense. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Mr. Kite - I loved your posts. I've spent a lot of time here, and I'm going to miss it, thus this long goodbye. Your posts always put a smile on my face. I'm not the only one checking back in. We are going to have to let go - but is there another place we can meet up in the short term while MGS is searching for a host? It almost seems silly. In a sense, it's just an electronic connection. But I have sensed REAL music people. It's my whole deal, I teach the stuff. Needless to say, the Fabs are IT for me. The soundtrack of my life, and all that. I know, love, and appreciate Beatle people, and you guys are the real deal. There is a DJ in Chicago, Terry Haemmert. She is one of the biggest fans in the world. Look her up if you're ever there. I've talked to her, she's accessible and has some great stories about hanging out with George's sister. But, I digress.
OK folks, I'm rambling a bit. Time to sign off. I'll drop MGS a line to keep in touch in the event that this place turns up elsewhere. I hope to see you all there. In the meantime, I wish you all well.
Mr. Kite - we share the same sign off. I haven't used it here yet, but here it is...
Cheers!
it's not too bad
We should all keep in touch here. I can start making regular posts. And this is premature...but I have the prospects of server space that is based in a country no one can shut down a website in. Not going to mention anymore, but things are rolling.
MGS
I already have most of this material in various forms, but I have enjoyed the community spirit here and am sorry to see this resource (temporarily! I'm sure) derailed by the usual suspects.
THANK YOU, MGS. You have obviously made many happy in reminding us of an essential catalogue that remains in a tattered state in its official form.
Respect. And I have a feeling you are not absconding to the South of France any time soon. Hup!
Addendum: One further observation: I can understand the paranoia when an individual or collective shares intellectual property while asking for funding, however seemingly large or small.
I was involved with a Fab tracker which went tits up twice-and which to my knowledge hasn't returned yet-which was more aggressive in asking for dough than MGS.
There is no fortune to be made in this in sharing content already out there. Asshats selling knock-off CDRs of their afternoon's downloads are far more worthy of contempt.
My point: given the track record of this blog; why not be charitable?
It's a new age
OK MGS, just like starting over. We wish you the best, and there are a lot of hope here.
Pi don't be silly boy... your childish words... we all understand what happened here, and there's no needed to reclaim anything.
(Sorry about my english)
поцелуи
Sonia
I wish to join in here. So, MGS, please accept my sincere gratitude for sharing all this great music with us. I am one of those probably numerous people who haven't necessarily said "thank you" or posted comments - we just checked in every day, often finding a new gem waiting to be downloaded, and thought "wow, what a great blog!", and watched our hard disks filling up. I've still got probably a dozen or so albums that aren't burnt to CDs yet, that are downloaded from here - CDs that will give hours of enjoyment and interesting listening experiences.
I'm looking forward to finding your new or renewed blog, continuing your great work, sometime in the near future.
Until then, thanks again.
The problem with the links being taken down would be at the blog end, not at the file end.
Let's say Apple googles a term related to a boot that appears on your site..
1. They think "We own that" (debatable, but they might think that)
2. They click the link (it shows the name of where the file is hosted)
3. They contact the host and say "We're lawyers for Apple, no, we can't give you iPod's, we're the other ones - but take down this stuff we own or we'll sue"
4. They contact you and say "Looks like you've got copyrighted material" I'd be surprised if the hosts would spend the time looking at the file. They just don't want any trouble from Apple.
5. Capeeeeeeeesh?
Speaking of money = If you pay $20 up and somethin' for a boot...
Here, you got the stuff for FREE, no hassle and trouble to download it and always in the BEST quality (.flac).
Each guy and gal (me included) downloaded more than a bunch. We GOT MORE for our money.
And MGS take his time to provide all these gems for us.
All of us are grateful to him.
From all of us and around the World =
A BIG CHEER TO MGS !
Long live Morning Glory (w/ "The Marseillaise" intro :0))
Mersey Beaucoup !
______________________________
From Mop Top (the spoiled-rotten frenchy guy).
i do not believe this "bad news". you want money for new hosting? no problem.
Hi MSG,
I hope you succeed in recreating this excellent site in another form. Thanks for all the wonderful downloads you made possible, especially the PC series which at last I could complete thanks to you!
Hope to see you somewhere else on the net...
a million thanks once again for sharing all of this with all of us.
wishing you all the best and hoping you find a way to keep doing this wonderful thing you do.
ignore the trolls.
the web is crawling with them.
So almost a week ago, MGS said: "We should all keep in touch here. I can start making regular posts. And this is premature...but I have the prospects of server space that is based in a country no one can shut down a website in. Not going to mention anymore, but things are rolling."
Not a word from him since.
We should all keep in touch here? - yeah, and remember that no matter what YOU think of ME, MGS still has YOUR $!!
And things are rolling? - yeah, tumbleweed is what's rolling through this dead town. And I tell you, it won't be re-built somewhere else!
So, Pi, just one question: What the eff is it to ya?? YOU didn't contribute ANYTHING to this site, by your own admission.
Your "heart" bleeds too much for us who DID contribute, methinks, and again it should be noted that these contributions were made freely and HAPPILY, for many reasons of which you apparently have NO inkling.
One wonders how many downloads YOU have from this site, and one wonders why the reaction from you is anything but GRATITUDE, that is if one wanted to waste their time wondering about such things ;)
And now, from here on out, I shall scroll thee...subject to my arbitrary right to call you out should you post any more such childish "neener neener neener, you lost (as if) you money" type stuff. Enjoy yourself, no one else here does (yes, I hereby nominated meself as unappointed blog spokesman for this moment...HA!).
Back to reality, I've just returned from a week and a half vigil at my mom's hospital bedside, as she recovers from kidney failure, pulmonary embolism, something called "c-diff" (believe me, you DON'T want to know), and a seizure or two to top things off. You can imagine how chuffed I was to read the above nonsense upon my first opening of this page after my return, so if my response seems a bit irritated, well perhaps it is.
The good news? Whilst still in hospital, mom seems to be on right path, and may NOT have to have dialysis for rest of her life, and may in fact make more or less a full recovery! Any good vibes for her from you good folks (you know who you are!) are very very welcome indeed! :)
...and although my wife made me swear not to tell any of our friends, we are FINALLY pregnant! Last chance, too, and very long and expensive story at that. I just hope she didn't mean my Beatlebuddies ;)
Ok, I seem to have produced yet another overly-long missive. Hope all are well, and a howdy-do to MGS, It's Not Too Bad, LIS and everyone else as well. Life seems to be accelerating at present, it does that sometimes.
Cheers, and Long Live MorningGlorySeed!
Mr. Kite!
Pi, why dont you just shut the fuck up, loser ?
Chris
hey Mr Kite,
I believe good things happen to good people and it seems to me you clearly are good.
May your mom have a speedy recovery (good vibes are on the way), and may you be blessed with fatherhood. My daughter is turning 4 today, and no matter what else happens in my life, she is in the midst of it, always pure and beautiful, made of raw and always unconditional love.
As for this site closing, it seems like waking up from a dream you dont really remember, thinking "was that for real? and what was it like?". MGS man, thank you so much for sharing and good luck moving on. What a ride this has been.
Pi, listen to some beatles music (which you probably downloaded here), breath it all in, and just cool down man. It's okay.
Well you know...I sorta agree with you Pi, in a way that is!! I got in on this blog in the beginning and have every single post saved and never sent MGS a cent! Yeah I even feel a little guilty since i got all this for free with no hassles from anybody! And yeah I guess you got a grudge going if you didn't get it like me!!!
I also think your kinda right, he said he would stay in touch and hasn't, so you can take it anyway you like!! No hard feelings on this end....BUT in his own words on 'The Last Tour' comments...
"Not to be boastful, but Apple can't do anything to my server as it is located in an unfriendly country. If they shut this blog down, I will simply open another. I already have several mirrors that I can activate"......!!!
So folks....I just don't know...take it any way you like...but no grudges here!!! And by the way MGS, thanks for giving me a ton of Beatles' stuff for free!!! And if you 'Kum Back' hey thats great, but if you don't, I'll miss you dearly my friend!!!!!!!!!
Indeed, MGS DID say this:
"Not to be boastful, but Apple can't do anything to my server as it is located in an unfriendly country. If they shut this blog down, I will simply open another. I already have several mirrors that I can activate"
I'd missed that little tidbit! More evidence showing that MGS might not be dealing from the top of the deck.
I challenge him (MGS) to reply! But I suspect he has long flown, & he will not do anything more about the problem.
Hello Beatlepals around the globe. First off to Mr Kite good vibs and prayers to your mother are on the way and congrats on the GOOD NEWS to you and Mrs Kite!
As for Pi and his anonymous compadres forget them. They mean nothing to us. I donated proudly and will again expecting NOTHING in return more than I already received. It's my money and I'll do with it what I want. Mr Kite you may always speak for me, I nominate you official Beatlepal spokesperson for this blog. Do I hear a second?
To MGS, I know this is hard work and those who grub digital delights for free should SHUT UP and go download some Jonas Brothers tunes.
Happy Earth Day to all of you on Earth, even you Pi and friends...now speaking as a father of 4 plus 2 step children and a granddaughter...PLAY NICE CHILDREN OR GO AWAY!!!
Change of subject...Who is going to buy the new Beatles releases and what do you think about them, and why hasn't Capitol hired Dr Ebbetts?...I for one am looking forward to the Mono set.
Best To All
(Please excuse any spelling errors and my rambling)
LIS
I'd hate to see this great site go and I want to help by recommending the greatest one click hoster in all of the web:
http://netload.in/ allows up to 400MB per file and downloading with tools like the java-based jDownloader (http://jdownloader.org/home/index?s=lng_en) is fast and convenient. Users would have to wait an hour after each download or could restart their router in order to get a new IP.
I think that could really be a fast and secure solution to your problems.
Keep up the great work!
Jeeeezzz!!!! What kinda ugly beast has this turned into??
I don't mean to be cold hearted but who wants to hear about some unknowns health problems, not to mention their bloated wife???? LISTEN UP!!! This is suppose to be about The Beatles for Christs sake!!!! How long before these ramblings go on without a single mention of them???? I guess nobody cares that one of the most obscure LPs in Beatle history has surfaced and all you people are worried about is when some guys old ladies water is gonna break!!!! Thats right "Mr Public" is out and does anybody care??? You people make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hee heee...guess the above is directed at me.
Just you wait...I propose to catalog every blinking second of my wife's pregnancy right here! Who the hell needs Twitter anyway?? ;)
Jeez, some folks just don't know how to scroll posts they don't wish to continue reading, I guess. I find it very easy, for example the above-reference post just "whizzed" by :D
And LIS, yes I intend to get both the stereo and mono boxes on 9/9/09, have started saving already, and will squander our expected kid's college fund if necessary (oops! sorry that just SNUCK in!).
Happiness Is A Warm Blog,
Mr. Kite!
Oh, and my beautiful wife is most certainly NOT bloated...yet.
I, however, have been giving birth to a twelve-pack for quite some time now...
Inquiring minds wanted to know!
*razz*
I had heard rumors about the "Mr Public" LP...Seems it was a TMQ release about the time of Paul's "death"..I think the Beatles' were poking fun at the public for being so gullible! Anybody have a track listing? I am looking for the 18 track "Helter Skelter" disc w/Manson artwork..Anybody have a link? I only found this blog two days ago and hope it returns soon!! What a goldmine!!
what is this "Mr.Public" bootleg?i never heard about until now.
I recently downloaded the "Helter Skelter" bootleg. It's garbage. Nothing new. Most tracks are the final version with a different instrument slightly emphasized. There's a 9-minute "version" of the same take, but it's fake, with looping portions at the end to make it sound like they're jamming. But the quality of that track is pretty weak, so people can be fooled. I threw the disc out after one listen.
Your right! All 18 'alternate' "Helter Skelter" tracks have pretty crummy audio quality, but fake or not, still pretty interesting...
Heres a link from a MGS wanna be from Peru. This blog has been inactive since Feb. but most of the downloads are still available...
If you're still looking for it.....
ALTERNATE TAKES 1968 Helter Skelter: 18 Tracks
http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=8cdfddaaff32baf98239924493d50572
Thanks for the link! Looks like it's mp3, per the size of the file, but seems worth a listen.
I've just acquired a 3 volume "Revolver Sessions" set that's kind of the same thing described above, ie outfakes. The audio is quite good, and actually the iso attempts re some of the tracks are actually quite listenable.
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Hi Mr. Kite! "It's Not Too Bad" here. Trouble with the password again, thus another "Anonymous" message.
If it's the Granny Smith "Revolver Sessions," then there should be a fourth disc. It really is a nice set. A good trip through one of my favorite records. The artwork is all in black and white and is quite good. The sound quality is very good.
Secret Trax "Revolving" is another good one. Interesting to hear the early acoustic "She Said."
My Best To You And Yours, Mr. Kite, and all you other Beatle people. And you, MGS.
It's Not Too Bad
(Really not, and getting better all the time)
thanks, INTB! Yep, you are right, I dbld. checked and there is a disc four! :) good stuff indeed (and yes, it's on Granny Smith).
On a bummer note, I somehow screwed up the torrents I've d/l'd, had to 'force re-check', and about a dozen came up just short of 100%. Good luck to me trying to get them full again, darn the luck.
Hope all is well with you, and well everybody too, as well. 'Spect a lot of you have been here more than once!
sorry, an xmas disc floated in here by accident :P
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
here's a solution Mr. K:
Disc 1:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZH4VQMH
Disc 2:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZPYFWN43
-New link for disc 2's track 28:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNAKEWCC
Disc 3:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9V0KH4U3
Disc 4:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QMAOWPSV
INTB
:) Thank you INTB!! :D
perhaps we're talking same initals, SL??
...sorry about the code, but you know how it is, what with the washing and the cookin'...
wow, you CAN talk 'beatlespeak' as long as the other knows the quotes ;)
cheers indeed,
Mr. Kite!
Yep, that's the place. Get em' while they're hot!
Cheers!
INTB
Got the "Granny Smith" Sessions & yeah, amazing sound wise!!
(By the way who is Granny Smith?) Would you have a link for the Secret Trax "Revolving" mentioned? Thanks.....
Not sure who Granny Smith is, but I wonder if there's a subsidiary label called "Laxton's Superb" (see Lewisohn's Recording Sessions book for 'details' ;)
Hope everyone is well out there in Beatleland...during the countdown to 9/9/09 :D
number nine, number nine, number nine
Hopefully we will all meet up again. Some things, once started, cannot be stopped - this site is one of them.
Thanks for everything
And now do you believe me, all you simple folk? MGS said this on April 16:
"We should all keep in touch here. I can start making regular posts. And this is premature...but I have the prospects of server space that is based in a country no one can shut down a website in. Not going to mention anymore, but things are rolling.
MGS"
And this MGS fellow remains as silent as the grave. All you people (Kite, INTB, and various "Anonymous" folk) need to face reality. If you donated dollars, they're gone, for no purpose you intended. If you want all the goodies that were here, they ain't coming back.
So stop whistling in the dark to keep up your spirits, and move on!
Oh just shut your Pi hole!
What, Short Island Steve - do you think I'm wrong in what I'm saying?
But right or wrong, I AM entitled to say what I please. Or don't you agree with that principle?
I think people like you are getting angry because they can see that MGS has abandoned this site.
So there ya go!
Yeah you have a right to say what you want to say...but why do you keep checking in here? Just move on. Like you yourself suggest. You might be happier and those who stick around might be too. That's happiness all around.
I just don't see the point of trying to down everybody. If you don't like the scene, move on, put your energies elsewhere, you could always start a great blog yourself. If people don't like the scene they will move on too. But what's the point of trying to convince people they are wrong? Just seems kind of silly.
Frankly, it's ok with me personally if this blog doesn't come back. I got a million things from it, threw a couple dollars at it, couldn't be happier. I'm just glad I was around for it. If it comes back, even better. But I'm not losing sleep over a couple dollars. That would be more than a little petty considering how much I have benefited from this place.
Anyway, best wishes to all whether you're feeling burned or blessed.
I know what I feel.
William
uh, forgot my password...usually post as wm
can somebody tell me more about this "Mr. Public" bootleg?is it real or a hoax?thanks
Hey guys. Just checking in and letting you know arrangements are being made. I've had a lot of personal projects the past two weeks (music productions, and fixing up our little condo), and then had a bad accident over the weekend with a pet....but thankfully all is well. I'll catch up on reading posts in a bit.
Hope all is well
MGS
looks like "Humble" Pi is gonna have to eat some crow! heh...but we already knew that, didn't we? ;)
Hiya, MGS. Hope everything is good with you & yours, it's been crazy in the Kite! household as well, but that's per usual.
Just a suggestion: maybe you could start a new thread, the 60+ comments are getting a bit unwieldy ;)
I'm 'on the clock', sts, so can't leave much of a msg here now. Nice to read you again though!
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Oh, Kite ...
"looks like "Humble" Pi is gonna have to eat some crow! heh...but we already knew that, didn't we? ;)"
Eh? No evidence that MGS is going to be honorable at all ... he has to do more than just talk the talk.
And Kite, this piece of brown nosing ...
"Hiya, MGS. Hope everything is good with you & yours, it's been crazy in the Kite! household as well, but that's per usual."
You KNOW everything is good with MGS ... he has your money, and you don't. And he's not doing anything with it so far.
I wonder how long it will take before you and your ilk realize MGS is a sharp one. This has me fascinated, which is why I drop in from time to time (& I drop in more often than MGS - isn't that strange?!)
So, Pi, what are you, like six years old??!!
Just go away and stop bothering everybody. You've done nothing but make an ass of yourself.
I actually feel bad that I have downloaded some great music and not sent in any money. I guess I should just be a whining free-loader like you, right?
not sure what the big deal is?
most if not all of the stuff that was here is available on other blogs right now.
if the music is what you want, seek and ye shall find it.
there's an Octaner's blog garden full of purple birds. and the good Dr. E can easily be found on allfreedownloadlinks.
thanks again to MGS for sharing so much here.
MGS, just checking in after recovering from the recent McCartney concerts... sorry to hear of your troubles... both internet and personal. Please keep us updated. I thank you for everything you have shared.
Best wishes, Chris
If I Had the power I would delete 95% of these comments! It's amazing how people get so emotional over nothing! I mean if you can't supply some bit of worthwhile Beatle news or link why even bother posting a comment!
On that "Mr Public" boot, (TMQ was it?) I'm searching day & night! I read from a Netherlands site that it has reached mythical status (or should that read bogus?) in certain circles! Seems the track itself was a bonafide recording of The Beatles humoring themselves about the public believing everything they saw or heard about the Paul is dead nonsense! I would love to see a track listing! I heard of four tracks from that now dead (oooh, ironic huh?) link I mentioned. Supposedly it was a compilation LP w/Mr Public & one more track the only unreleased gems from the set, but I couldn't swear to it!
Mr Public
Indian Rope Trick
Watching Rainbows
Dead Deader Deadest (Get It?)
Can anybody shed any light on this boot, however real or fake it may be???
PS....I'm still looking for Secret Trax "Revolving" .....
Anybody help me on this one?
There are many mp3 versions of Revolving out there. Please avoid them. It took me a couple of days to remember where the good one is in FLAC. It is not a Beatles site. Revolving is a solid companion to the Revolver Sessions. Here it is:
http://lix.in/ac3854b2
http://lix.in/4a3ba459
http://lix.in/367427e1
http://lix.in/08a346be
http://lix.in/95ec3395
http://lix.in/7f0f180b
http://lix.in/84fa9085
http://lix.in/5975903a
http://lix.in/1195cabf
INTB
Thanks INTB........
To those folks writing me asking why I allow pi to post and why I don't delete his comments....its really for my simple amusement. I'm not sure what his game is, but I just enjoy watching what his brain will come up with next.
ALl the best
Dear Pi: me and my 'ilk' have reserved, and will now implement, our right to scroll past your worthless posts...subject to revision at ANY time, if I should so decide. You seem to be a most unhappy person, or at least one who delights in perpetuating negativity. That can't be good for you, you know...perhaps you should seek some appropriate medical attention?
As of now, I scroll thee... :)
thanks, INTB :D
Ok, I have to agree with MGS. I find Pi's comments quite humorous. I mean, it's so blatantly ridiculous that it's not even worth feeling any emotion over rather than amusement. Pi, thanks for the laugh. I appreciate your posts for that reason. I think it's getting a bit old though, a joke can only go on so far, so I think I'll just quietly scroll through anything else you write. Ram On!
And still:
(a)MGS has money he's NOT entitled to!
(b)He keeps promising, but NOT delivering, a great new web site.
(c)It's getting very clear that the boast from MGS ("Not to be boastful, but Apple can't do anything to my server as it is located in an unfriendly country. If they shut this blog down, I will simply open another. I already have several mirrors that I can activate") was an idle boast, and he cannot be taken at his word.
As Kwork said, Ram On. Certainly ... Ram On, give your money to somebody, soon, right away.
I bet no one has sent money since the downloads went. But, on second thoughts, I wouldn't be surprised if some had.
Love & kisses, 3.14159... (You do know what 3.14159... is, yes?)
"(You do know what 3.14159... is, yes?)"
Oh, I get it now... It's your IQ.
Dear Mr. Pie Man,
It's easy to talk shit on the internet. You're a coward. Fuck You. You can say whatever you want, and I'll keep on telling you to fuck off.
Sorry folks, I shouldn't talk that way, but this guy finally pissed me off. People like him are not worth getting upset over. He's just a miserable soul that needs sympathy and help. So, I apologize sincerely for the anger and bad words. God help you Pi man, because we can't. We just want you to go away. You don't have a dog in this hunt anyway, and I seriously doubt that you are a real fan. I'm done with you. Scroll on....
My only question to 3.whatever is.....DO YOU EVEN LIKE THE BEATLES??????? If not you need serious medical attention for wasting your time on something you don't even care about!!
What a sicko!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm...we do know that Pieyed has been proven wrong already, to wit:
"I think people like you are getting angry because they can see that MGS has abandoned this site.
So there ya go!
April 27, 2009 9:57 PM"
...after which MGS did in fact post again, to wit:
"Hey guys. Just checking in and letting you know arrangements are being made. I've had a lot of personal projects the past two weeks (music productions, and fixing up our little condo), and then had a bad accident over the weekend with a pet....but thankfully all is well. I'll catch up on reading posts in a bit.
Hope all is well
MGS
April 28, 2009 10:37 AM"
...thus giving the LIE to Piehole's charge that MGS has "abandoned this site".
Funny how when reactionaries like Pied always ignore when they are proven wrong.
And now, I scroll thee... :D
Anonymous said...
"(You do know what 3.14159... is, yes?)"
Oh, I get it now... It's your IQ.
April 29, 2009 7:59 PM
***********************
Now that's just funny... :D
Hey INTB, I'm having a little trouble with the links to Revolving. They take me to a page with "continue to rapidshare" box, but when I click it returns me to same page. There is a blank box below that, without clarification. Also, there is a "free & fast download..." text below the above, but that takes me to a site selling a UseNeXt package, and I didn't want to proceed further without checking with you first.
Yes, I am a 'pute idjit, truth be told. Any help would be most appreciated!
Thanks & Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Hi Mr. Kite. Hmmm.... I just tried copying and pasting a couple of those links and I didn't see any problem. Some of them will take you to a "continue to rapidshare" page where you will have to put a word verification into the blank box (just like here) before you proceed to the download page. Some of them don't need the word verification, but they all work. Stay away from the "free and fast download" link. Just hit the "continue to rapidshare" link, and it should work. Let me know if you need any more help, Mr. K. I figured all of this stuff out on my own on the fly, and I can always get it to work.
Here's another one to keep you folks busy while MGS gets it together. It's in FLAC. Whitology from Walrus:
http://rapidshare.com/files/3679954/Whit.part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/3681305/Whit.part2.rar.html
Info: http://www.bootlegzone.com/files.php?section=1&sort=1
A nice compilation of stuff that's scattered on other releases. Same idea as Revolving, bringing things together in a nice listening package.
I gotta go and teach some guitar lessons. In the meantime, lighten up a little around here, huh?
Cheers!
INTB
Whew! I would've been an hour early. I have more time to clarify-
OK then, here are the right links for info on Whitology:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=wr008§ion=1
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=wr009§ion=1
Mr. K - I think what is hanging you up is that little blank box. It won't always be there, but if it is, just put in the little letters floating around above it and continue on.
INTB
Yay! It worked, yep I missed the little floating letters. Downloading now! :D
Ah yes, I've had Whitology for years, got it over at Trader's Den for you folks who do torrents. Nice set, as INTB says, well worth grabbing.
Thanks again, INTB!
Yes, yes Kite, MGS posted again - but that's not quite what I was getting at when I talked of him abandoning the site. This site - as it is - will not reappear on any server.
I still maintain that it is no coincidence that the site collapsed soon after MGS asked for money. I ask: (a) why didn't he say how much was needed (b) why hasn't he said how much he got in donations (c) did he give receipts?
I take it the answer to (c) is no; if he DID give receipts, he knows who to return money to - why (in that case) hasn't he.
Honestly, some of you talk like simpletons: you descend to abusive language, and act as naive about the realities of the world as it is possible to be.
For the record, I am an extremely keen Fab Fan. In fact, I'm such a good and knowledgeable fan that I say that anyone who is impressed with Whitology these days hasn't got a clue. Maybe some of you should download the Purple Chick stuff - but not from here, obviously!
Cheers,
Pi (= 3.14159... which (UNamazingly) none of you got!!)
Pi, now you've gone too far, goshdarnit! You can insult me all you like, but when you insult Whitology, well we got a different kettle of fish indeed...why, i could just have a conniption right here and now, you've made me so mad!
now excuse me while I go cry into my Ultra Rare Trax...even the later ones!
bwhahahahahahahaa :D
and now, i scroll thee...yet again ;)
You tell him, Mr. Kite. I didn't say it (Whitology) is impressive, or that I am impressed by it. I said it was nice. Maybe my 45 years of listening to the Fabs HAS made me clueless. Heck, I don’t even REMEMBER 1981, but that is another story… ;D
I was just trying to help out some Beatle folks, but then, no good deed goes unpunished. I have scoured the Net and I know where things are. Posting a couple of links while MGS works on the future of this is easy, just to give folks something to do in the meantime. I just wanted to give a little back.
This is a frustrating situation. I’ve had fun here and gained a lot of great music, but it has become the ‘one bad apple’ theory gone mad. You know what they say about freedom not being free. Freedom means defending the right of someone to shout at the top of their lungs that which you despise. So, as far as lecturing and insulting peoples understanding of the way that the world works, Pi, you are just plain wrong. I despise Pi’s rhetoric, but defend his right to say whatever he wishes to. The good part of this is that I get to say that I think Pi is an enormous waste of time, and is possessed of an ugly mind. You might ask why I am wasting my time on him right now. It’s just because I have an affinity for Mr. Kite. You keep calling him out, Pi, and I’m on his side of this dust up.
I wonder if Pi talks to real live humans on the street the way that he does here. I wonder why he cares if he hasn’t donated anything and has gotten a lot of music for free. I think that he wants us all to acknowledge that what he thinks is right. He thinks MGS had a profit motive and that those who donated are fools.
I still don't think MGS had a profit motive. I think the folks responsible for the 9-9-09 release have unleashed the lawyers. There is no evidence of this, but the timing is mighty suspicious. This place was just too good to last. After all folks, it's not our music. I'm surprised the other sites with much of the same content are still up.
I have no guilt in collecting this stuff because I have bought everything from the official catalog twice over, starting in the 60s with all of the vinyl, and then all of the CDs in the 80s. I bought tickets to the movies, too. There is nothing left to buy, until September.
In any case, my collection, the one that I've been dreaming about for many years, is now complete. I couldn't POSSIBLY want or need more, and it is due in large part to MGS. I wish that I had donated when I had the chance, but I just couldn't spare the cash. If I had, I wouldn't expect anything back. That is the nature of a donation; it is a charitable act. Nothing is expected in return.
This is all just words on a screen, but personalities come through. I'd love to have a Guinness with Mr. Kite. :D ;D *) I would avoid this Pi person like the swine flu because he is clearly an ugly person. :(
Big sigh here. There is one in every crowd.
INTB
P.S. I got the number pi thing, Pi. I got it in the 4th grade, which was a VERY long time ago, right around when Sgt. Pepper came out. I expect that everyone, like me, didn't respond to it because we just don't care who you are or what you think about any old thing.
You say, INTB, that "I'm surprised the other sites with much of the same content are still up. "
That's the point - there has been NO purging at all of sites with copies of commercial releases (as Ebbetts, Mirror Spock, pbthal, etc are, being needledrops of commercial records). This site (according to MGS) was threatened by the owners of the servers. Threatened we are told, just after folk had donated their hard-earned.
Now, remember that MGS had lots of mirrors "ready to go". THAT is CLEARLY not the case. No matter which way you sniff it, there's a smell.
You can't smell it? Couldn't care less. I can - & maybe that makes me smarter than you are.
Bye for now
4 arctan(1) (which as all 4th graders know, is pi!)
Thanks for your kind words, INTB. I would love to knock a few back with you as well, and who knows? It's a small world, and getting smaller (hopefully in Steve Martin sense of word ;) )
As far as Pi goes, I hope it shows in my comments that I consider him to be nothing more than a naughty child, trying to upset things in a vain effort to shout "look at me", etc. You should see the dust-ups I get into on political blogs, Pi wouldn't last a SECOND there. Here, it's just fun, like Pi's a cat toy. Sorry, Pi, but that's my not-so-humble opinion. I still wonder why the hell you care anyway, being a leech & all. But I won't waste much more time on ya.
Back to reality: I'll be gone for awhile, things went south re a personal situation I referenced above, Lord knows I wouldn't want to again upset that poster who practically fainted when I brought up "non-Beatle" issues.
Oh waht the hell, I care not, at least not now: my mom passed away, in loving arms, at 1:08 this morning, and I'm on my way out to bury her. Now how's THAT for personal?
seesh. I'm probably gonna regret posting this, at least re mom, but my brain ain't working too well right now.
I'll take that Guiness now please, INTB. Never too early for that. And again, thanks for your kind words, they really meant a lot to me, esp. now. Ok, that's all, think the waterworks are starting up again.
I'll say it: I love this site, I love MGS, INTB, LIS, all the anonymous folks who have posted here (even you, Pi...call me weird i guess), I loved that people donated for whatever reason, I love The Beatles, and I'm gonna keep on loving all of that no matter what. Let that be known!
And hey, it beats the alternative.
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Thanks for the Whitology links, but when I cut & paste them I keep getting the same message:
Error:
'The file could not be found. Please check the download link'.
Anybody else having problems?
I'm having probs with the Secret Trax "Revolving"
Disc 1- can't extract trk 14 corrupted & can not be opened? Any fixes?
To Kite:
I am very saddened to hear about your mom....I lost both my parents & know for a fact that its as bad as it gets! Your in my prayers & I hope you return here soon. I also realize this has nothing to do with JPG&R but lets face it, some things are definitely more important than them!!
I was uncertain about posting all that, but now I'm glad that I did given the bad news from Mr. Kite. I am very saddened by this. Talk about putting things in perspective. That other subject is just rubbish in comparison. Nothing is more important than family.
My thoughts are with you Mr. Kite. I don't know what else to say. Maybe this - just thinking about the song 'Julia' in such an instance is enough to get my waterworks going. My Moms 85, and I worry...
I, too, am going to step away for awhile. My energies are needed elsewhere. Good luck with the links, folks, and happy hunting.
I second Mr. Kites thoughts on this place. It's been a wonderful ride.
I sent a message to MGS requesting your email address, Mr. Kite. I'd like to keep in touch. I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself as best as you can.
Be well, everyone,
INTB
To Mr. Kite,
My deepest good wishes to you and your family in this sad time.
MGS,
We are still with you, the comments (well most of them) are always fun to read. How about a new post just to restart the comments section, we are over 100 now.
To Anyone with a rude comment,
*%$#@#&* You
By the way Pie Man (speaking of rude),
MGS said he needed $40 to keep his server up for a year, I believe he has $10 or $20 extra. May he go out and have a beer and toast to your severe imaturity with my share. My receipt is from paypal. And now you know. I got my money's worth and MORE. You sir have too much time on your hands and a nose for other people's buisness. May you find your way in the world and seek a good therapist.
Too All,
"And in the end...The LOVE you take is equal to The LOVE you make "....now that's poetry!
Sorry for the Ramble
Best to All (Even Pi!)
LIS
"Pi (= 3.14159... which (UNamazingly) none of you got!!)"
Just because there was no reply to your condescending question doesn't mean people don't know the ratio used to find the circumference of a circle when multiplied by the diameter. I think I learned that in fourth grade... a grade from which you obviously have not evolved, judging by your childish posts.
God bless you Mr Kite, I feel very sorry for your beloved mum.
Chris
So many "Anonymous" people here ... anyway, to the one who said :
"Just because there was no reply to your condescending question doesn't mean people don't know the ratio used to find the circumference of a circle when multiplied by the diameter. I think I learned that in fourth grade... a grade from which you obviously have not evolved, judging by your childish posts."
I would say: do you know what "4 arctan(1)" means? The value of that is "pi" too! These things are a little bit deeper than the 4th grade!
Cheers,
circumference/diameter
Just shut the fuck up.
Chris
Two posts from me in a row! Lucky all.
So Mr Kite, your mother dies, and then a few hours later you're here telling us about it, and ripping into me.
Intresting mix.
MGS should be along real soon to offer his condolences. I'm surprised he hasn't already.
Best wishes,
180 degrees/radian
So Chris says: "Just shut the fuck up."
Just so witty, so sharp, so intelligent, Chris.
But my response, sadly, has to be: No.
Still, all the best.
3.14159...
I said : Just shut the fuck up.
Chris
And I said: No.
Pi
Ripping into YOU, Pi? My, my...taking a look into that deep, dark truthful mirror, are you? Projecting much?
I thought my post really centered on a genuine expression of love for this space, this music, these people...hell, I even INCLUDED you. You're welcome.
and now, I scroll thee...
INTB, please tell MGS I give my permission, with gratitude, to relay my email addy. I would actually have considered posting it here, but with the poison in the well I thought better of it. Oh well, always a fly in the ointment.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words and best wishes. I know of an angel who is smiling now :)
that's all for now. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I brought Unterbergers' Unreleased Beatles book with me, so I will have that escape at least. The boys from the 'pool are such a gift in this hard world.
Cheers in sorrow,
Mr. Kite!
"I would say: do you know what "4 arctan(1)" means?"
Do you know what childish asshole means? Or, maybe it should be childLIKE.
What exactly ARE you trying to prove? I've rarely witnessed such foolishness. Each time you post, you make a bigger jerk of yourself. Just keep digging that hole.
Don't you have any better way to use your energy? This is beyond absurd. I cannot even believe I'm wasting MY energy with you.
Ron (no longer anonymous)
Quotes from Ron:
"Do you know what childish asshole means? Or, maybe it should be childLIKE."
No, childISH is the adjective you want. You are looking for a word that conveys something derogatory and sneering. Childish is the one. Childlike is a nice word.
"What exactly ARE you trying to prove? I've rarely witnessed such foolishness. Each time you post, you make a bigger jerk of yourself. Just keep digging that hole."
I'm not trying to prove anything. Mainly, I'm asking questions of MGS, whom I don't trust. He has yet to give any SATISFACTORY answers.
"Don't you have any better way to use your energy? This is beyond absurd. I cannot even believe I'm wasting MY energy with you."
It's interesting, isn't it, that you and others here claim to think so little of me, yet you spend so much time hurling abuse (low level, uncreative abuse at that!)
That's all for now - stay well and happy, Ron
C/2R (= pi)
Sorry, (Cow) Pi(e), but it's not nice to be called childlike. (Perhaps it is in your world.) Childlike refers to a person's temperament, whereas childish refers to a person's behavior. It's one thing to act that way. It's an entirely other thing to be that way.
seems someone needs attention.
keeps posting to get attention.
perhaps not responding is the way to go.
time to ignore.
ignore ignore ignore.
ok?
here's rs links for a certain 10+ version of a Revolutionary song by the lads...
in case you missed it.
http://lix.in/-43f180
http://lix.in/-457821
http://lix.in/-46fec2
http://lix.in/-394323
http://lix.in/-3ac9c4
http://lix.in/-3c5065
I'm looking for John Lennon's ''The Dakota Beatle Demos'' and ''A Heart Play'' in FLAC files. If someone knows where can I find them, please write it here.-
Thanks in advance.
Anonymous 10+Revolutionary, are you talking about ''From Chaos To Evolution'' compilation????
Could you please be more especific??
Thanks.-
Anonymous Confused
Anonymous 10+Revolutionary, are you talking about ''From Chaos To Evolution'' compilation????
Could you please be more especific??
Thanks.-
******************
Hi Anonymous. No, I'm fairly certain that the 10+Revolutionary is referencing a RECENT release of Revolution 1 take 20 (see the threads below this one), one in which there is NO yoko 'commentary. running through the whole thing, ie the segments on From Chaos To Kinfauns.
It's heaven on a bun, one of the "big three" Beatles tracks we've all been lusting for since...well, forever for most of us. It's a MUST listen, excellent sound quality too! :) Now, if we could only hear the 27:11 min version of Helter Skelter, and Carnival Of Light, we could all die happy Beatlemaniacs :D
btw, Rev 1 Take 20 is from a recent boot called, appropriately enough, "Revolution Take...Your Knickers Off!". Once you hear it, you'll know why they choose that title :D
I hope this helps; let me know if you have trouble finding it (I haven't used the links posted above, no need for me), I might be able to help :)
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Thanks Mr Kite! But Rev 1 Take 20 is just one track from "Revolution Take...Your Knickers Off!", and this are hugh files (6 links). Maybe he posted the whole "Revolution Take...Your Knickers Off!" (wich I already have), or maybe he posted the ''From Chaos To Evolution'' compilation of Revolution takes.
By the way, I would also like to find John Lennon's ''The Dakota Beatle Demos'' and ''A Heart Play'' in FLAC files. If someone could post those ones I would appreciatte it.
Thanks again
Anonymous Confused
yeah, the above is the whole Knickers.
fyi.
nice to see some links!
thanks!
right...now you lot quit yer bitchin' and go listen to some music.
lots of good beatles stuff right here: http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/search/label/Beetles-The
Dear INTB,
I wish to correct you on an error you made in your post of April 30. You wrote:
"Here's another one to keep you folks busy while MGS gets it together. It's in FLAC. Whitology from Walrus:
http://rapidshare.com/files/3679954/Whit.part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/3681305/Whit.part2.rar.html"
I have downloaded both links and I can tell you that you are wrong - the songs are in mp3 mode and NOT FLAC as you stated (unfortunately). Please be more careful and accurate in your posts in the future. Thanks.
My bad. Really sorry about that. Here are the right links. I think they're mirrors, but I'm not exactly sure. Here is Whitology in FLAC, I'm sure of this one. I've got the FLAC files on my machine.
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/45adcbf1
http://lix.in/c6778e34
http://lix.in/60251f6f
http://lix.in/0e2e351c
http://lix.in/b023655d
http://lix.in/dcf2252f
http://lix.in/cb831a89
http://lix.in/653e0a2d
http://lix.in/3bb0cb33
megaupload:
http://link-protector.com/436238/
http://link-protector.com/436239/
http://link-protector.com/436240/
http://link-protector.com/436241/
http://link-protector.com/436242/
http://link-protector.com/436243/
http://link-protector.com/436244/
http://link-protector.com/436245/
http://link-protector.com/436246/
INTB
A million thanks for the 'qualitybootz' link!Great stuff!!
OK, I feel bad about the faux pas with those mp3 links. I did an upgrade and forgot to relabel something. Once again, really sorry about that. Anyway, to make up for it, here is Turn Left At Greenland in FLAC (honest). For those unaware of this one, it's a chronology of the first trip to the U.S. in 1964.
disc 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=86K2JB57
disc 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3V9YGV0
disc 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H267JS5
disc 4: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZA54H2M
info:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=dd33§ion=1
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=dd34§ion=1
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=dd35§ion=1
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=dd36§ion=1
Good News!
some very excellent
Dr. Ebbett's stuff is right here:
http://allfreedownloadlinks.com/free-music-downloads/the-beatles-mfsl-half-speed-japan-upgrade-dr-ebbetts-13albums-2008/
I'd appreciate a download link for
HMC "John Lennon at Home" if available...
Thanks.
PS Its great that the community is still alive. Just like the beatleg group trees from a few years back!
Here ya go. John Lennon at Home (FLAC):
Disc 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YI72KT4
Disc 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QCHLZ9G9
Info and art for John Lennon At Home:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=HMC0081§ion=2
Glad to see Lennon's boots around here. Maybe ''The Dakota Beatle Demos'' and ''A Heart Play'' in FLAC files appear soon. I would appreciatte it.-
>reayx5 said...
>MGS, just checking in after recovering
>from the recent McCartney concerts...
>sorry to hear of your troubles... both
>internet and personal. Please keep us
>updated. I thank you for everything
>you have shared.
Awesome. How was the concert? Did he do any experimental numbers (like fireman stuff), or just regular stuff.
>Pi said... This site (according
>to MGS) was threatened by the owners of
>the servers. Threatened we are told, just
>after folk had donated their hard-earned.
>Now, remember that MGS had lots of mirrors
>"ready to go". THAT is CLEARLY not the case.
>No matter which way you sniff it, there's a smell.
The mirrors were copies of the blog itself, that has nothing to do with the server where the music is stored smart guy! It is the server that pulled the plug on me, not the blog.
And Mr. Kite, my condolences to you. May your memories be fond and warm.
INTB…I don’t have MR. Kite’s email. Sorry my friend.
>http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/search/label/Beetles-The
Cool site, thanks! Hey Pi, they are asking for donations and they post their stuff on Rapid Share!!!! They don’t use a private server as I did. They are asking for donations to use a free server!! WTF, why aren’t you posting there since their site is still active. Shouldn’t you be warning people, and calling them thieves? What gives?
Hi, MGS... the McCartney concert was great. Standing 10 people deep from the stage in a venue that had approx. 3000 people.
Paul did do two Fireman songs. Wish he would play more Wings-era stuff. But I can't complain. He's 66 years old and played for 2.5 hours with no break. Not a drink of water, nothing. Incredible!
Let's get the site going and stop the bickering in the comments.
Mr. Kite; my condolences on your loss.
Chris (not the one who told someone to "Shut the fuck up")
MGS said:
QUOTE "Hey Pi, they are asking for donations and they post their stuff on Rapid Share!!!! They don’t use a private server as I did. They are asking for donations to use a free server!! WTF, why aren’t you posting there since their site is still active. Shouldn’t you be warning people, and calling them thieves? What gives?"UNQUOTE
(1) No one in their right mind would donate money in these circumstances, but they ARE offering product. YOU are not, and you stopped offering (yeah, yeah, I know the reasons YOU told us)after you had asked for money to stay open!
(2) Why don't YOU, if you are so upset with what "has happened to you", open a free blog with megaupload links (for instance)?
(3) It is getting on for a month since you were "closed", and you said QUOTE "but I have the prospects of server space that is based in a country no one can shut down a website in. Not going to mention anymore, but things are rolling."UNQUOTE How's that going?
I think you're a big talker, and a small walker, MGS. If you had the balls, you'd shut down this whole sorry kit and caboodle, and quietly slink off!
But, as ever, all the best
Pi.
(Cow) Pi(e) must be the whiniest freeloader on the face of the Earth. The audacity of the selfishness is beyond absurd! What a waste product!
Anonymous said (all the anonymous posters seem not to be able give themselves a name - or they're too rude to bother!)
QUOTE(Cow) Pi(e) must be the whiniest freeloader on the face of the Earth. The audacity of the selfishness is beyond absurd! What a waste product!" UNQUOTE
(a) I love the (Cow) Pi(e) insult. I mean, you don't really think I'm sitting here blushing or angry at this do you ... or, maybe you do. Silly fellow!
(b) The fact that you say "freeloader" leads me to think that maybe you gave some of your hard-earned to this MGS cove. Silly fellow!
(c) Whiniest? Not the correct word. I'm a lot of things, but a whiner is not one of them.
(d) The "audacity" of the "selfishness". I don't quite see the selfish part, unless you mean I hold on to my money better than you do. I'd call that smart though, not selfish!
So there ya go.
Have a good one,
3.14159 ...
No, (COW) Pi(e), I didn't give any money. In fact, I appreciate the fact that I got some great FREE downloads, yet feel bad that I didn't pass on a few bucks for the gesture.
You, on the other hand, cannot seem to show any appreciation for the freebies you got. (That's the selfish freeloader part.) You feel compelled to be our "knight in shining armor," defending our honor as though we need a hero. (That's the whiny part.)
And, no, I'm not hiding behind anonymity. My name is Ron. I live in Pennsylvania. I would add my e-mail address, but I wouldn't trust you to act like an adult, based on your current behavior. I do find it humorous that, by typing two little letters for your name and not including YOUR contact info, you seem to think it makes you more of a man. But your nothing but a waste product.
Correction, the final line would be "But, you're nothing but a waste product."
There, (Cow) Pi(e), I saved you the condescending correction.
It's worth repeating, anyway.
Ron
Pi, I will no longer allow you to slander my name. You can state your opinion, but you are not permitted to come to my board and insult me, or suggest I purposefully took down my server. I don't know what your game is, or why you are so obsessed with me, but it ends here. Any further posts you make that suggest I am dishonest will be removed and you will be banned from posting here.
I've allowed you to post your insanity for my amusement, but when you start calling me a liar and insulting my work here, you have gone to far.
Thank you MGS. Only comment beyond what I've posted above would be "it's about time". How somebody would spend their time basically just trying to lay bummers on folks is beyond me, and that's all I'll say about it.
As far as my email addy, I did send you an email with same just about the time all this started. I'll forward it to you again, if you don't mind. I would post it here, but will not as I noted in an earlier post. Some folks just like to pee in the pool, sts.
Anyway, good to read you again, and all the best!
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Thanks, MGS. It's amazing how tolerant you have been of this child.
Ron (in PA)
Ronny said: QUOTE "No, (COW) Pi(e), I didn't give any money. In fact, I appreciate the fact that I got some great FREE downloads, yet feel bad that I didn't pass on a few bucks for the gesture." UNQUOTE
Ah, Ronny, Ronny - you can still donate money, you know! That will stop you from feeling bad! Go on - I challenge you.
Keep well
Pi
To MGS:
Let me ask you point blank: is this site going to appear on a new server? Yes, or no.
All the best now,
Pi
MGS- please feel free to pass along my email addy to Mr. Kite.
Mr. Kite - please get in touch. If MGS sends me your addy, I will do the same.
Also MGS, I hope it was OK with you that I posted some links. If it's not, just let me know, and I won't do it any more.
Mr. Kite - I hope you're holding up OK. Be well.
INTB
I'm working on my options. I owe you no explanation since you made no donation, but I'm trying to make arrangements for enough space to cover at least what I had on my old server. It takes time because the person who runs the server is busy maintaining the server's primary purpose. He is is in a different hemisphere than I, and we don't share the same primary language, so it's not like calling a neighbor.
I could purchase server space from one of the servers I see in a google seach, but I know nothing about websites (do you notice how basic and crude this site is? I am not a tech-based person to write all the fancy code you see in others), servers, or how to maintain/encrypt them/protect them....and just can't see spending a significant amount of my own funds to have a US-based server that could be targeted for removal for copyrighted material...its already happened to me once.
So I'm looking into a different option, where I just get space on a server that is already set up, well protected, and I would only have to upload files....that is not going to be done overnight folks.
Or if you (PI, or anyone else) have any ideas you could share, feel free to be useful and contact me.
Wow Pi got some brass ones. Gets the product at no cost. Builds up a pretty damn good collection of stuff and then gripes like a baby when can't get anymore.
Stop crying Pi. YOU DIDN"T PAY FOR IT! You have some serious issues. Psychologists might help.
Nah, don't bring the site back.
Just to spite Pi.
You know he wants it so bad.
Oh - and MGS, thanks. I didn't contribute a dime and got some pretty cool stuff.
I appreciate all the time and effort you've taken to get this stuff out to us.
He is probably just a troll, i.e. he is having fun getting a rise out of people for his own amusement.
First of all (Cow) Pi(e), I would consider a challenge only from people I respect. But I WILL definitely send in a $25.00 donation as soon as MGS gets the new site up. (I planned to, anyway.)
Care to match it?
Didn't think so. Why take the "free" out of "freeloader"?
Ron
Correct me if I'm wrong, MGS, but you seem to be indicating that the best option is the last one, the one that would be time-consuming. I'd say take the time to do it right. Whatever is most secure is probably what is most right. A risky shortcut sounds like a really bad idea.
I LIKE the basic quality of this site. The links are clear. It functioned perfectly. Visual bells and whistles aren't important. It's the music.
I've already said, I've got Fab music coming out of my pores because of you. I honestly don't need another thing, but I do hope you pull this off, just because I love the music and I love this place.
Thanks, as always, and
Cheers!
INTB
Ronny said QUOTE "First of all (Cow) Pi(e), I would consider a challenge only from people I respect. But I WILL definitely send in a $25.00 donation as soon as MGS gets the new site up. (I planned to, anyway.)" UNQUOTE
(a) You would consider a challenge only from people you respect? How come you rose to my challenge then?
(b) I notice you emphasized "WILL", saying you'll send the $25 as soon as ... Does that mean you don't want to commit until you see the new site? Why would that be?
And you said: QUOTE "Care to match it?
Didn't think so. Why take the "free" out of "freeloader"?"UNQUOTE
Er ... no, I don't think I'll even consider it! Interesting you call me a freeloader, when that's EXACTLY what you have been so far. Only a promise of money, in the future, as soon as ...
Well Ronny, you've been bested again!
All the best,
Pi.
Greetings, good beatlespeoples.
I'm occupying my grief time by making Beatles cds, dosen't work sometimes but sometimes it does, it really does in ways i can't express.
Thanks to MGS for helping in ways I suspect he/she (you know, I'm not sure) never thought this site would offer to us, that of helping dealing with the deepest of pain.
must mention also the recent posts w/links to more Beatlegems. Thank you folks, I'm sending good vibes to you and all here at MGS. That def makes me feel better.
come to think, I'll actually mention something directly Beatle related, just to be different ;)
INTB, I'm doing the 'revolving' series you were so kind enough to post links for, and I'm having trouble with disc 4.
First of all, it appears that there are two links for part 4, I did d/l both, but unfortunately each of them brought up error msgs when I tried to extract. I use Zipeg, btw.
I'm not sure anything can be done about this, just thought I'd let you know just in case you have any ideas here. The rest of the links seem to extract just fine, with artwork too! :)
upon re=reading what i just wrote, I def am NOT negative in any way, I hope my above re disc 4 comes off that way, it certainly wasn't meant that way at all. I'm gonna listen to the ones that work, and be thanking you all the way!
ok, back to stuff that dosen't mean a thing in real life, but pays the bills. No time in this world to grieve, it seems. Perhaps its better that way, but right now it dosen't feel like it.
ok, babbbling again.
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
arg. I'm gonna break my "iggy" pledge re Pi, as I said I would if warranted, so here goes.
Pi, there is NO way you've "bested" anyone here, don't you see that? I'm really trying to help here, you do realize most of the folks here think you're just trying to make us feel bad about things, don't you?
And where is your gain? Does it actually get you off to lay bummers on us? Even if you 'win', and this site in unable to emerge again, what exactly is it you've 'won'?
You have no 'skin in the game' here, you've admitted you haven't donated a dime. So why are you spending time railing against something of which you are not 'damaged' in the least, esp when those of us who did donate don't feel 'burned' in ANY way, just grateful to have had the joy that MGS has brought us?
The only plausible answer I can think of is that you have some genuine socialization issues. I'm really being earnest here, not trying to knock you at all.
Actually, I feel empathy for you, and really hope that you seek some help in dealing with whatever is causing this inexplicable negativity. I really think you'll be a happier person then, I'm sure of it.
~with our love, with our love, we could save the world, if they only knew~
well...actually thanks to Pi for taking my mind off other things. See, there's something positive you've done for someone here. Please build on that, and thank you.
Cheers in sorrow,
Mr. Kite!
Yeah, right Pi(ece of shit), you really "bested" me.
D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L
I would bet that the only one you ever "best" is yourself. The only question remaining would be whether you use your left or right hand.
Your pal, Ronny
I have to say Kite that what you just wrote was some of the most patronizing drivel ever.
I was going to return your serve, in spades, but thought better of it. You're a lucky man.
Take care, as always
Pi
Ronny-boy wrote: "Yeah, right Pi(ece of shit), you really "bested" me.
D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L
I would bet that the only one you ever "best" is yourself. The only question remaining would be whether you use your left or right hand."
Showing the kind of mind you have: trying the bad language insult(shit), and the masturbatory reference (last paragraph).
Both of these indicate poor imagination, limited vocabulary, and inadequate education.
Cheers
Pi
"Showing the kind of mind you have: trying the bad language insult(shit), and the masturbatory reference (last paragraph).
Both of these indicate poor imagination, limited vocabulary, and inadequate education."
That's the best you can do? Losing your edge a little bit?
Yet, you're not denying it, huh?
I agree, the insult was a bit childish. And I even considered not using it. But, I figured I'd keep it at your level.
BTW, the first part isn't even a complete sentence, Mr. Education.
Ronny-boy said: "BTW, the first part isn't even a complete sentence, Mr. Education."
Using a sentence without a finite verb in its main clause is a well-known rhetorical device.
Proving you to be ... lacking in knowledge! Oh look, I've done it again!
There'll be a short test next week.
Wishing you all the luck
Pi
more random beatle links please.
less parrying with haters.
all this energy for this guy...
come on!
drop it. links!! links!! links!!
much more useful!
WAR IS OVER!
if you want it
yeah okay...here i go again.
here's another link.
http://www.losslessbootlegs101.com/
you do have to register, but its free and they have a bunch of purple chick and other beatle-boots!. not to mention a lot of other free music. all in flac.
(warning>they do accept donations so if that bothers you don't go there)
btw to those who said thanks for the qualitybootz and the dr. ebbett's allfreedownloadslinks..... you're most welcome.
consider it my contribution.
enjoy it. cheers!
beautiful!
thank you for your efforts!
"Using a sentence without a finite verb in its main clause is a well-known rhetorical device."
Yes, I'm quite aware of that. But your "sentence" is not an example of one.
"all this energy for this guy..."
I'm inclined to agree that my energy is being wasted on this clown. I think I'll do my friends here a favor and probably cease. Maybe she'll go away.
The error-merchant said: "But your "sentence" is not an example of one."
Yes it is. Just to clarify, here is the sentence: Showing the kind of mind you have: trying the bad language insult(shit), and the masturbatory reference (last paragraph).
No finite verb, see?
I think you have failed the test!
Sorry
Pi
here's another great free music link.
an absolute avalanche of material.
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/the-beatles-the-twickenham-sessions-8-cds-flac-69393.html
you are most welcome.
enjoy it!
heh. oh yes, I am lucky, but not in ways or meanings you could comprehend. Very lucky indeed.
and now, I scroll thee...
any word on how much the Mono Box remasters is gonna cost, btw? I'm putting as much $$ in the cookie jar as I can, i feel confident it WON'T be cheap (or at least inexpensive!). I checked Amazon a few days ago, no entry for it or the Stereo Box either.
Thanks for all links, keep 'em coming, why not? I'm still backlogged on cover making and deep listening processes, more luck! Next up, a DMM romp through the White Album, but THIS time on headphones :D get to hear the Prudence blips close and up personal...I live for the weird! Sure beats some alternatives...
Cheers,
Mr. Kite!
Hey Kitey! I thought I'd let you know I really like it when you say: "and now, I scroll thee..."
because (1) it is such a goofy, pompous & pretentious thing to say, and (2) you always say it just after responding to a post of mine - in other words, you didn't scroll past it initially! Kind of loses its effect!
Have a windy one ...
3.14159 ...
WAR IS OVER!
if you want it
agreed.
love the links!
Hello Beatle folks,
Mr. Kite - on Revolving (I sure hope this is Revolving you're asking about, and not Revolver Sessions, because that's a different story):
First off - of course I didn't take anything you said as being remotely negative. You just want and need music, especially right now, and I'm happy to help.
Let's clear up the first thing - Revolving is 2 discs. That misunderstanding may be the nature of the problem with the rapidshare links, but I'm not sure how you do things as far as extraction goes. In any case, here is a simple solution to your problem. I just searched out, found, and downloaded another version of Revolving in FLAC from a different site than the first one that I posted. It is just one megaupload link, and it comes in with both discs in one file. Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WWPDB0RP
It downloaded fine, and I just played a couple of the FLAC files with VLC media player, and all is well with this one. Disc 1 is tracks 1-33, and disc two is tracks 34-56. This one doesn't have all of the artwork (only front and back covers) like the other rapidshare version , but that is solved easily enough by going here:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=st990091§ion=1
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=st990092§ion=1
This is the Secret Trax version of Revolving, and the artwork is good - it's always nice to have that stuff if you can get it.
On the problem with the links to the rapidshare version - I just found two messages on that site about those links (I corrected the spelling mistakes).
Message 1: Both the fourth and fifth links from the top lead to files called part4.rar. Any guidance?
Message 2: Skip the fifth link and continue with the others. Match perfect.
That might be the problem. It's been a while since i got that one, so I don't remember this part of things. If that isn't your problem, then this is my best guess: you're not extracting all of the files at once. I learned that lesson a while back. Just wait until all of the individual files are downloaded, and then extract them all en masse. If you are savvy to all of this, and it seems as if I'm lecturing, then my apologies. In any event, I use 7-zip to extract. It's free, and it works. Here is a link to download 7-zip:
http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html.
There are different sites to download 7-zip, but this one from cnet is the one that I used. I've always found cnet to be safe and reliable for free software downloads. I've never used Zipeg, so I just don't know about it. Trying 7-zip couldn't hurt.
I hope this helps. If nothing else, this one link megaupload version will certainly solve this one for you.
If all else fails, I'll send Revolving to you in the mail - if MGS gets us in touch with each other, that is. I'm pretty sure that I've tried to let him (her?) know that I'm perfectly OK with him (her?) sending you my email addy. I've emailed him (her?) within the last two weeks, so he (she?) should have mine.
I've always had the notion that MGS is a guy, but thinking that MGS might be a girl sends a tingle up my leg. ;) I am such a guy, sometimes. My ONE TRUE LOVE used to punch me in the arm over such things. MGS, if you are a guy, then for gawds sake, please ignore that off-color comment.
Speaking of which - I have been wooing my ONE TRUE LOVE with Beatles music. So many love songs, so little time... We hadn't spoken in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. I made her a Beatles valentine CD, and she said that she enjoyed it immensely. Good golly, the power of this band. I put my heart and soul, and some of the Beatles as well, into that disc. It worked. She KNOWS what I FEEL is REAL. Joy and redemption are within my grasp, and I owe it in part to JPG&R.
Take care, all, especially you, Mr. Kite. You have been in my thoughts, and I mean that.
INTB
Wow, that was a loooooooooooong one...
oh yes, INTB, the power of The Beatles, there's chapter & verse out there, hows about just one small recent personal reference:
"In My Life" was me & my wife's wedding song. It was absolutely beautiful, and oddly slow-danceable as well. I did attempt a 'spin' with Mrs. Kite! during George Martin's solo break, and well let's just say Dancing With The Stars won't be calling anytime soon :p
I sent MGS another email with addy, I thought I had sent one the day this all happened, but I can't find it so maybe I goofed.
There's a website that might help, i think it has a email feature for me, leave it to you to guess which one (hint: guitar): www.theusers.net . Shameless on my part, i actively discourage anyone else from going to it except for INTB (for communication purposes only as well). Don't want to be accused of spamming the board...
Speaking of links, I know you have this probably INTB, but here's a little Psul Macca at Coachella (sic) a few weeks ago. BE WARNED, however: it's MP3 (yeech) but actually not a bad audience rec. and fits a two and half hour show on one disk. Been listening to it tonight, Paul did Got A Feeling and Got To Get You Into My Life, if you're not morally opposed to mp3's you may want to give it a try. Oh, and the whole show is ONE track, that's an issue too. But here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S2I71ZI3
Heh, word verification VERY close to "freaker", so must be a sign to post this
Anonymous (sometimes we all are)
oh, and I plumb forgot to thank you for the revolving thingy...I'll give it a try, and will let you know how I fare. Thanks for helping me out there, the d/ls are really helping now, save for sleep deprevation, and I wasn't getting much anyway. Too many racing thoughts, things not said seem to geometrically multiply. Mostly apology type stuff, I wasn't the model child for sure.
ok, getting there again, getting used to it sorta, or can tell when happening. So I'll sign off, and thanks to you INTB. It really isn't...too bad I mean ;)
Cheers,
Mr. Anonymous Kite!
Thanks very much for the John At Home Link, much appreciated!!
and yes, I seem to be a wee bit inebriated...ok, a lot enibriated (sic...I'll say).
So now that that's out of the way, let's talk about The Beatles.
In my book, there's The Beatles, and then everybody else. They BUILT the effin' stage still used today, metaphoricallistically speaking, possible exception of rap/hip hop (although that can be debated...dig it?). Whew. More pearls of wisdom? well, coming right up...
Never get involved in a boy and girl fight...if a person's presence makes you feel as though you've lost a quart of plasma, AVOID that presence...
quoting WS Burroughs, well that should about do it. And yet...I feel as though I need to exorcise some demon within, alcohol be praised...ok!
Dammit, am I the ONLY one who loves Yoko's Plastic Ono Band nearly as much as John's??
oh...maybe I am. Well, I DO..."Greenfield Morning" is up there with "Isolation"..."Why Not" is "Well Well Well" on Percocet, while "Why" is "I Found Out" on DMT...
John must've thought we were a bunch of idiots not to pick up on it...in fact, the early Yoko lps (POB & Fly) rip a new one every time I hear 'em.
dub dub...trrrraaaaainnnnnnn...dub dub...
Hmmm..better watch out for the pitchfork people...folks don't cotton to no Yoko round these parts...
...just drunk enough to post this, you lucky bastids. Scroll feature recommended, festivities brought to you by Patron Reposado Tequila, Breakfast Of Champions. Not just for breakfast anymore...
must use 'anonymous'...yeah, that'll fool 'em
Hello again Mr Kite, and all Beatle folks,
I can't figure out how to email you at that place you mentioned, Mr. K. I'm tempted to leave an addy here, but there is a troll in our midst, so, what to do?
Already got the Paul at Coachella, but thanks... There is an excellent Paul show that's been floating around for some time. It was my first really good soundboard of him. Don't know where to download it any more, but it's 7-4-90 at RFK in Washington, D.C.
I used 'In My Life' in a second disc that I'm about to send to the girl. I've mentioned Terry Haemmert, she's a huge Beatles fan in Chicago, and that's her favorite song. This new disc is dubbed "Cha Cha Boom," as I am using 'Besame Mucho' for a little comic relief. I've also included that wonderful early take of 'Strawberry Fields.'
As for the rest, Mr. Kite, I'm still laughing.
Cheers! (to be used with caution)
INTB
Oh yeah, about that book... ("In my book, there's the Beatles...") - the way that I always put it - modern music begins and ends with The Beatles. A million wanker guitar players are still playing catch - up, including me.
OK then, MR. K, I did send a message to someone - the only email link that I could get to work over there. I asked that person to forward the message to you. I hope this works...
INTB
Keep strong and keep in contact with everyone!
We have lost our baby today. I'm too devastated to say more, sorry about the personal but I decided to tell "strangers" b/c I can't talk to anyone right now.
It's said you are only given what you can take. That's being tested now.
I seem to be in a darkness I've never been in before
Mr. Kite,
I am truly dumbfounded. I just sent you an email message to an addy that your band mate sent to me, and just came back here to let you know. And then I saw this.
My God, I just don't know what to say.
INTB
mr k. sincere condolences.
very sorry for your loss.
to quote John Lee Hooker...
"blues is the healer
all over the world
it healed me
it can heal you"
okay well...
here's the motherload.
http://octaner.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Beatles%3B%20Purple%20Chick
There is a lot of great content on Octaner's. Too bad a lot of it is in mp3. That's what made this site the best thing that ever happened to Beatles fans.
INTB
Finally found this one in FLAC.
Artifacts I
5 CD Box Set
Artwork:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224323854/beatles_artifacts_Art.rar
MD5 Checksum:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224323736/Artifacts_20I.md5
Disc 1:
Info:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=big4018§ion=1
Part 1:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224290769/artifacts1.1_early_years.part1.rar
Part 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224289231/artifacts1.1_early_years.part2.rar
Part 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224288782/artifacts1.1_early_years.part3.rar
Part 4:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224288671/artifacts1.1_early_years.part4.rar
Disc 2:
Info:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=big4019§ion=1
Part 1:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224289666/artifacts1.2_Beatlemania.part1.rar
Part 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224294770/artifacts1.2_Beatlemania.part2.rar
Part 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224295527/artifacts1.2_Beatlemania.part3.rar
Part 4:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224296456/artifacts1.2_Beatlemania.part4.rar
Part 5:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224297290/artifacts1.2_Beatlemania.part5.rar
Disc 3:
Info:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=big4020§ion=1
Part 1:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224298408/artifacts1.3_psychedelic_years.part1.rar
Part 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224300665/artifacts1.3_psychedelic_years.part2.rar
Part 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224301248/artifacts1.3_psychedelic_years.part3.rar
Part 4:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224316430/artifacts1.3_psychedelic_years.part4.rar
Disc 4:
Info:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=big4021§ion=1
Part 1:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224319614/artifacts1.4_inner_revolution.part1.rar
Part 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224322705/artifacts1.4_inner_revolution.part2.rar
Part 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224320214/artifacts1.4_inner_revolution.part3.rar
Part 4:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224322417/artifacts1.4_inner_revolution.part4.rar
Disc 5:
Info:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=big4022§ion=1
Part 1:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224323942/artifacts1.5_get_back_abbey_road.part1.rar
Part 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224324604/artifacts1.5_get_back_abbey_road.part2.rar
Part 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224323952/artifacts1.5_get_back_abbey_road.part3.rar
Part 4:
http://rapidshare.com/files/224326336/artifacts1.5_get_back_abbey_road.part4.rar
INTB
Hang in there, Mr. Kite.
"I think you have failed the test!"
No, loser, I have failed no test. You were not solicited to conduct one. I understand what a non-finite verb is; a verb without a subject. A perfect example would be, "Get lost!" or "Eat shit!," or something like that. (hint, hint.)
What puzzles me is how such a self-proclaimed, great intellect as yourself seems to be so devoid of basic social skills and common courtesy. You claim to be so above the rest of us, yet you fail to even comprehend the notion of biting the hand that feeds you.
You're worth neither my time nor effort any more.
You-know-who wrote QUOTE"No, loser, I have failed no test. You were not solicited to conduct one. I understand what a non-finite verb is; a verb without a subject. A perfect example would be, "Get lost!" or "Eat shit!," or something like that. (hint, hint.)" UNQUOTE
You still score zero on the test. A non-finite verb is NOT as you defined. A little internet search is sometimes not quite enough!
Next, your examples ARE verbs WITH a subject. "Get lost" has 'you' as an understood subject - in fact, "you get lost" is in some areas a common way of expressing the imperative mood.
Ya learn summat new ev'ry day!
Pi
WAR IS OVER!
if you want it
Anonymous said: "WAR IS OVER!
if you want it"
This particular 'anonymous' is another of the breed around here that can't operate this comments board, so as to produce a name - other than the ridiculous 'anonymous'.
So I'm not surprised he is a slogan thinker. My advice to him: Engage the brain, laddie. It might hurt at first, but it gets you to better places.
Be strong!
Pi
Dear Pi,
Nobody gives a shit.
Love, everyone.
PI IS OVER!
if you want it
Still looking for Lennon's ''The Dakota Beatle Demos'' and ''A Heart Play'' in FLAC files. If someone knows where to find them, please let me know. I would appreciatte it.-
Mouse said: "Dear Pi,
Nobody gives a shit.
Love, everyone."
Seems to me laddie that people DO give a 'shit' when they respond to me - like you have.
Oh, and notice I called you "mouse" - anyone who signs himself "I'mnotamouse" has got to be a mouse in real life!
There ya go!
3.14159 ...
Oh, Pi, just go away!
Do you have any friends? A life? I doubt it, considering your lack of social skills.
Or is this how you "entertain" yourself? Perhaps with the lights off and playing some soft music that you downloaded for free and then bitched about when the site went down?
people.
quit responding to the bait.
you just keep it going.
just resist.
it's the only response that works.
silence.
the last thing the poor guy wants.
attention. yeah, that might be the goal.
make this poor guy get it elsewhere.
yeah, he needs it bad. real bad. but don't be the one to give it to him.
this springs to mind...
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig
. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.
so quit wrestling and start posting links or telling us how you can't wait for the remasters, or whatever.
but quit that wrestling already.
peace.
Here's the go of it:
I posted my call, way back, on what seemed a suspicious situation.
I got, and still do get, silly people, morons, air-heads, and turkeys nagging and berating me.
I will always respond. If you stop all the stupidity directed at me - well, then of course I will 'stay silent'.
So now you know!
And just in case this is my last post, I'd like to make it really clear that I'm quite a well-adjusted person, have many friends, a loving family, a well-paid and intellectually satisfying job ... you get the picture. But most important, I'm smart, bright, sharp and quick - which is why I've out-witted you lot. Easy!
Cheers
Pi
Mr.Kite...i lost 2 baby's on the past...we were my wife and i devastaded, but u know...God is making plans for you and your wife, u know?, my wife are waiting our new baby and she is on her 5 month , we are very happy, she's a girl, and you know, dont be sad, fight, and be brave, your wife needs you now, go, and hold her very tight, i know you will do it, you will make it, God bless you always....ale maldonado from puebla.
A couple of links w/tons of Beatles for y'all...not sure if they are still active but I think most d/ls work....
http://translate.google.com/translate?
hl=en&sl=es&u=http://beatlesmmt.blogspot.com/&ei=6ZCzSb2lKtTFtgeYjIm7Bw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=5&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbeatles%2Bblogspot%26hl%3Den
http://such-a-teaser.livejournal.com/11984.html
BTW...Anyone know if this is a true quote?
"The truth is that Pete has always been a better drummer that I am. Fuck him, I'm a movie star." Ringo Starr
very new forum = http://beatlesmmt.creatuforo.com/
Maybe it works.-
That doesn't sound like something Ringo would say. Plus, everyone knew that he was the better drummer, not Pete. I would say it's bogus.
Thank you, ale maldonado from puebla.
Your kind words are a light to me and my wife during this darkness. Please accept my heartfelt gratitude.
Mr. Kite!
Pretty quiet around here.
For the person who's been looking for 'Free As A Bird - The Dakota Beatle Demos' in FLAC - here's a link:
http://www.tapecity.org/showthread.php?p=177682
It's at Tape City. It's a bit torrent. You'll have to register; it's easy, and it's free. I registered there for the first time today just to get this. There are mp3s of this around, but if you want it in FLAC, this is the best way that I've found (believe me, I looked).
This one is worth it just for 'Free As A Bird.' Heartbreaking to think of the gentle nature of this song as compared to what happened in the entryway to the building. One of the top ten worst events of the 20th century in my book. It still hurts.
Anyway, this one downloaded in FLAC just fine this way. It sounds real good. I got rid of my mp3 version.
Good luck, and,
Cheers!
INTB
Well, nobody's berating me, hassling me, etc, so there's no reason to post except:
(1) I thought it would be nice to disturb the tumbleweed and be the poster of the 200th post!
(2) I'm still interested in MGS: promiser of so much, yet deliverer of so little. But he said he would keep in touch: sadly (so sadly!) I now realise that means by some other method than posting here. Perhaps he emanates cool vibes (and perhaps he doesn't).
Bye for now, folksies.
4 arctan(1) = pi
Post a Comment